DB30 engine mounting plate- reinforcing

I am starting this as a new thread in an effort to receive more replies, as my question became buried in another thread.....
Who out there has added an additional mounting plate to the original to strengthen/reinforce it due to installing a larger engine? Where do you buy the plate stock and what thickness is it? Does anybody sell these pre-slotted for a TEC OHH60? Does it matter if the plate is added on top or bottom of the original engine plate? Any and all guidance would be appreciated!:wink:
Thank you

I am starting this as a new thread in an effort to receive more replies, as my question became buried in another thread.....
Who out there has added an additional mounting plate to the original to strengthen/reinforce it due to installing a larger engine? Where do you buy the plate stock and what thickness is it? Does anybody sell these pre-slotted for a TEC OHH60? Does it matter if the plate is added on top or bottom of the original engine plate? Any and all guidance would be appreciated!:wink:
Thank you
I would check with Brad at Promod
Contact Us
or cjtmini about the mounting plates. You could then bring that down to your local weld shop or machine shop and they could look at how bad your existing plate is AND look at what needs to be done to attach the mounting plate. Just guessing, the weld/machine shop could either cut/grind out your old metal and weld in a new one or just weld in a new one on top of the old one and then you could drill your holes for the plate. I think there is a picture of the plate on Promods web page if that helps.
Tom

Hello seacamper,
Thank you for the information and link. It looks like they offer a "bolt-on", 4-way adjustable mounting plate. I have an email in to them to see if it is compatible with the TEC OHH60 6HP engine.
Regards:drinkup:

i used a 6hp Tec Powersport with the engine mount that cjtmini made. all those engines basically have the same mounting pattern so you can use a bunch of them with the same plate. the Tec was a tight fit (had to muscle it on there a bit) but it worked fine.

If you're looking to reinforce the stock plate the best method would be to weld another plate on, the reinforcing plate should be the same size as the stock mounting plate and should be welded to the frame just like the stock mounting plate is.