DB30 engine mounting plate- too many holes?

The one on my mini looks like Swiss cheese. How many holes and slots in the mounting plate before it compromises the strength and its time to replace? Do you just bolt or weld another one on top of the original one? Mine has the original slotted set, another slotted set, and (now) another set of holes for the last (Tecumseh) engine that was most recently installed.:grind:
Thank you in advance

Reinfocement plate! A HF 6.5 needs one with no extra holes. If you weld or have a buddy that can weld the sides to the rails. First put the motor on the plate and see how it fits and the sprockets aline. Then just a extra plate layed ontop of the old plate may do or weld see how the install kit for a 6.5 acts as reinforcement in the sticky above.

BWC54

The one on my mini looks like Swiss cheese. How many holes and slots in the mounting plate before it compromises the strength and its time to replace?
That's funny. The strength is compromised on a DB30 engine mount before there are any holes drilled in it.

Thanks for the replies guys- you have confirmed my suspicions!
What thickness plate stock is typically used if I have another engine mounting plate welded on? Is it something that most welding shops would already have in stock? What are you guys doing to make slotted mounting holes? In the past I simply drill numerous adjacent and overlapping holes and file them out:grind:- is there a better way?:confused:
BWC54- That's a good one, and I agree!:001_tt2: