DB30 Speed Control Screw

Just got a DB30 and heard all about taking the speed control screw out, The one with the spring. But i was wondering, Do I unscrew it alot till its about to come out or fully take it out? :helpsmilie:

Thanks!

Last edited:

den35

Many will turn it out so the lever reaches the plate,leaving the screw on the engine.But it's your choice.My viewpiont is,if it's not gonna have a use anyway,remove it completely.You can always store it in your toolbox and re-install later it if needed.

Where is this screw located? I just got a DB 30 and am looking to make some simple improvements to the motor.
What do you guys think about changing out the clutch to a Max Torque clutch?

Thanks

Dhdogg, The screw is located on the back of the motor near the bottom, It had a spring coiled around it. If you change to a max torque clutch instead of getting it on the stock engine I would just upgrade to a 6.5 hp and put it on that. Talk to Cjtmini about the engine, He sells kits with EVERYTHING you need to upgrade your DB30. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Thanks Christofizzle!
I just got this DB30, I don't know much about engines or mods but I am stoked to learn. I have been reading over a bunch of posts on this forum and you guys do some pretty damn cool mods to your bikes. I am inspired to make this little death ride faster!:scooter:

Thanks for the help, and I am going to appologize now for all the newbie questions I am going to have in the future!

Time to hunt fo that spring you were talking about.

later

A max torque wont fit the stock engine. It has a different shaft diameter. The only way to make the stock engine perform better is to get a larger rear sprocket.:thumbsup: