DB30 won't stay running (just out of the box)

Just got one for the kids, I haven't messed around with one of these in a long time. After finding a suitable oil plug I go to start it and it doesn't want to stay running unless I hold it on 1/4 throttle. I'm thinking it might just be the idle but I'm not sure. Is there something I should check, where do I begin?
Thanks.

Are you using the choke when starting it? If so, are you turning the choke back to the off position after it starts up? Did you try turning the idle screw in to rule that out? What do you mean "after finding a suitable oil plug"? What does that have to do with getting it started?

I had the same problem with mine when i had the stock engine in it, try putting in a hotter burning spark plug in, i used a CJ14 champion plug and that fixed the problem :thumbsup:

It came without an oil dipstick.Choke on when starting ,off after it's started. I even tried the choke at halfway when it was running but didn't matter. I'm kinda thinking it just might be that the idle is too low but if that doesn't work I'll try a hotter plug.

Id read some of the other posts,if it sat for a while the carb might need cleaning,turn the idle up,mabe it just needs some breakin running.

Idle is turned all the way in,still seems like it wants just a tad more, it stays running but still dies here and there. I guess I'll try some carb adjustments, give it a good cleaning and the hotter plug. I backed out the throttle stop screw but I have to try and get it to run a little smoother, unless these things are supposed to run a litttle rough?

Mines runs smooth out the box, WHat kinda gas are you useing, try a higher octane, I use 93 or 95 I forget. And you might just want to adjust a mixture screw just a bit. like an 1/8 turn or so . Just my 2 cents:wink::scooter:

Korey

Check all the throtle linkage, I looked mine over yesterday and found it was not setup rite, I now get a much better performance out of it by just fixing some spring placement!:scooter: again just my 2cents

I ended up taking the gas tank off as it was full of gunk (from the factory),cleaned it and the carb,it runs pretty good now and hasn't stalled once since I got all that c**p out of the tank.