desperate need of some info quick

I understand my emergency doesn't make it your emergency...but, I need some help quick.

I have a (last night) seized Briggs 5hp and I was able to get it apart and find the rod has carved some nasty grooves in the crankshaft. I know I'll need new crankshaft, side cover gasket, and connecting rod. Question is, how do I go about getting stock parts for it. Performance isn't an issue whatsoever, this bike is just a show cruiser. Turns out the thing had a nasty gasket on the soccer cover and it leaked oil these past few weeks.

I've found out the motor was made October 5th 1979, I can't really make out everything under the model number, so maybe someone with more knowledge knows more about this

Model: 13 202 Type: 0818 01 Code:79100507

It's a custom bike and we have a BIG BIG show coming up we need this thing to bee running for in two weeks. We have had about 5 magazine (rat rod magazine twice,rebel rodz twice, gulf coast cruisin) coverages with this bike and looking for more :-D

I would HIGHLY appreciate some help, thanks.

buckeye

I can't help you with your question but, where is this cruise in La.?
I am over here in south Al and might be worth riding over if it isn't too far.

It's called the Cajun nationals in Alexandria at the England air base on air base road.

We have 6 bikes going, 3 of them are "show worthy" the others are just mini bikes.

The show is the 27-29
Let me know if you go, we will definitely meet up and hang out yo there. They don't have a web page, but they do have a Facebook page.

Thanks a million again man. You really pulled through.
I'm thinking of just creating a photobucket with just the bikes and linking it to a thread on here.I'm still baffled on getting pics to upload

125ccCrazy

Thanks a million again man. You really pulled through.
I'm thinking of just creating a photobucket with just the bikes and linking it to a thread on here.I'm still baffled on getting pics to upload
uploading them here is easy, I can guide you through that :thumbsup: