Did Trapper ever build a bike with a regular flat head engine??

P8140114.JPG P8140109.JPG P8140110.JPG P8140111.JPG P8140112.JPG P8140113.JPG P8140108.JPG

I bought this Franking Trapper for parts today from the Scrapper (off craigs).. Started looking it over when I got it home and much to my surprise, I found the engineering to be way above the average shade tree Engineer.. as a matter of fact the welds are perfect.. and there is no evidence of grinding or cutting on the frame. I know the engine is not original as it is a 75 h60 but my question is did trapper ever put a flat head in any of there frames?? or is it as I expect just a franking Trapper just well done?

There are a couple out there that have been converted with a custom flat motor plate. Does the original big fender fit on it? That could almost answer your question by itself

Well no it doesn't so now I'm back to a Frankin Bike.... Believe it or not I bought for the Hubs, tank and forks. now I might have another project for this winter on my hands!! the "boss" isn't going to like this!!

I think the Hunter used a tecumseh power products ah series motor. 2 stroke. There was one on Craig's list here in Wisconsin this spring. It didn't last long on there.