Differences in Bonanza Fenders

Picked this Bonanza up yesterday. Can't tell if it's an 1100 or 1200....it's not a 1300. Any way, it has a nice shiny front fender so I wanted to swap it out on my 1300 that has a painted fender. I noticed the mounting tabs between the 2 are placed slightly different. The painted fender from my 1300 tabs are placed slightly off center so most of the front fender hangs back just a smidge when mounted. The fender I picked up yesterday has tabs that are centered. Any help on why it is this way would be great. Also, you can see when placed side by side that they are the same length but the arch is about 1/2" higher on the newer fender. Is it wrong to place this fender on my 1300? Is it incorrect since the tabs are different? Or does it even matter? I know it's personal preference but to those that know Bonanza's does it stick out clearly? Thanks.

There are 3 styles of BC fenders. There maybe others i have seen in brochures on very early bonanzas but these are the 3 chrome style i have came accross. The first style is 67 ish fenders. These have the off set tabs and rounded corners and have the tallest side profile, these fenders are also the heaviest. The second style is 68 ish fenders. These have the off set tabs and rounded corners but the side profile is a bit smaller and they are made of a lighter gauge steel. The last style 69 ish fenders. These have center tabs square corners and are also made of lighter gauge steel than the 68 style and 67. The 69 style fenders commonly on all bonanza bikes with the kidney bean style wheels but, I have seen some 68 fenders on 69 style bikes and some 69 style fenders on 68 style bikes. If people request i can take pictures of the 3 styles of fenders i describe. I shouldnt know this much about fenders lol. :hammer::hammer:

Thanks slywilliez. I don't know for sure but I can't imagine someone going through all the trouble of removing and re welding the tabs in a slightly different spot. All 4 tabs front and rear are placed in the same spot and angle. Thanks everyone for the help!

Thanks slywilliez. I don't know for sure but I can't imagine someone going through all the trouble of removing and re welding the tabs in a slightly different spot. All 4 tabs front and rear are placed in the same spot and angle. Thanks everyone for the help!
Not sure what you mean, by this. I am talking about the fenders are you talking about the frame?

The painted fender you have is a 68 style fender. The chrome one is the 69 style. The 67 and 68 came in a painted verison.

To help answer your question more. Your bike is a BC1100 not a BC1300. The BC 1100 bike you have is a 69 so, the chrome fender on the bike in the picture is correct and so are the kidney bean wheels. I would be able to tell very quickly that the fenders are not the same but that is just me. It wouldnt be as bad if both fenders were a matching set. It is all up to you tho.

This is my 1300 w the painted fenders w the fender tabs off center. I'm talking about the fenders. Nice to know the blue bonanza I just picked up is an 1100 though thanks. What is it about it that makes it an 1100? 1300 has rear suspension I know....does the 1200 also have rear suspension? I can look that up myself I guess. I have some ads I just need to dig up or search the forum.

1100 uses the 1000 frame and 1200/1300 forks

I believe the main difference in 1200 1nd 1300 is the 1300 has a larger engine and taller tires with the same wheel. I believe they both had lights as an option.

george3

Small radious fenders small tires large radious fenders large tires. the goofy looking bracket one put in the rear it will work fine. fits better. no mo info today.