Ding How update and issues

So i got a 5 horse briggs stuffed into the Ding How, but i have a couple of issues. First off, I have no room at all for my foot on the footpeg because the starter shroud sticks out so far, and i also have no room at all to get an air cleaner on it because the frame rail is about 3/4 of an inch from the top of the carb. I know i should of mocked up first so i dont want to hear it:thefinger: But does anyone have any suggestions? (sorry the pictures are dark, the sun was going down)

Before

After

Footpeg problem

Carb

Cool color scheme!:thumbsup: I'm not too sure about the Roadrunner though.:eek:ut:

So... I'm guessing the engine won't slide forward any further?

If not, then how do you feel about replacing the B&S carb & tank assembly with a Keihin, Mikuni or Tillotson type carb and a remote mounted fuel tank? I realize that it is a big step, but from what I've been told it is well worth the effort.

This may be another option. A short velocity stack/filter mount and then either the angled filter or the short one.

Filters & Componets : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

FILTER ADAPTOR [311FA] - $12.95 : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

AIR FILTER FOR PZ-22 ANIMAL ENGINE [110JR] - $13.75 : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

AIR FILTER-UNIVERSAL [85JR] - $10.23 : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

EC Distributing | Technical Info

Cool color scheme!:thumbsup: I'm not too sure about the Roadrunner though.:eek:ut:

So... I'm guessing the engine won't slide forward any further?

If not, then how do you feel about replacing the B&S carb & tank assembly with a Keihin, Mikuni or Tillotson type carb and a remote mounted fuel tank? I realize that it is a big step, but from what I've been told it is well worth the effort.

This may be another option. A short velocity stack/filter mount and then either the angled filter or the short one.

Filters & Componets : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

FILTER ADAPTOR [311FA] - $12.95 : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

AIR FILTER FOR PZ-22 ANIMAL ENGINE [110JR] - $13.75 : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

AIR FILTER-UNIVERSAL [85JR] - $10.23 : EC Distributing, Your Online Racing Store!

EC Distributing | Technical Info
Well, I already slotted the plate and moved it as far forward as i was comfortable with. I dont really have the budget for a new carb (although that would be nice). Im pretty sure there isnt any room for one of those stacks. I can barely get my finger between the top of the carb and the frame rail.

Well, I already slotted the plate and moved it as far forward as i was comfortable with. I dont really have the budget for a new carb (although that would be nice). Im pretty sure there isnt any room for one of those stacks. I can barely get my finger between the top of the carb and the frame rail.
That frame design was most likely intended for a Tecumseh engine. You either have to slide the current engine forward more, change the carb or change out the engine for a Tec.

Another idea... See if you can locate anyone who has modified a Briggs carb into a straight through design by removing the choke & making it the intake. Then plug off the original intake at the top.

I have no idea if this is possible. It's just something I had thought of once before. If I have thought about it... I'm sure someone else must have also & has probably tried it.

You might want to check out this post.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-parts/15589-small-cycle-carb.html#post102483

Could i jackshaft it? Move the whole motor to the left, enough to get your foot on the footpeg and the air cleaner on then run a jackshaft?