DMP Scamper

I decided that my next project is to build my DMP scamper.

It is the same as the first bike my brothers and I had 40 years ago

That first bike that got me hooked

I picked up a frame a few years back and have gathered a few parts

It is an 8" steel wheel bike , I had a rear for it but no matching front so I dug into the Honda z50 pile and pulled some donor parts

The rear wheel had 6 round holes and the Honda only had 4 , so a lot of drilling and it now has 8 holes, still not the same but less noticeable lol
The front hub is from a Honda , just used the lathe to remove the brake drum and clean it up

Blasted and gold painted the huge 70 tooth #40 rear sprocket

Have to start blasting and repairing the frame

Last edited:
Assembled the wheels and tires , then loose fitted the new fenders from OldMiniBikes , the engine is a 3 hp tech side popper that I picked up from Rick Chatten a couple of Windbers ago

I may need to change the intake manifold

Rob how's it going ? You were a lot smaller back then big guy . That's a cool looking bike there , looks like a great project to do .

Last edited:
Found some pictures of the factory chain guard , so I guess some sheet metal work is next

Not sure why pictures look so grainy , but look better in original format

Thanks guys and yes it is a made in Canada bike, I plan on restoring its big brother the Trailchamp next

Here it is all put back together , just need my seat and chain guard

Thanks Karen and OND , it has been a fun build

Got the chain guard fabbed up and painted , got an old DB seat on it for now

See I knew DB's were good for something ! BigRob that is really nice and I bet she'll ride like a dream with those wheels and tires :thumbsup: