Doodlebug problem ?

dshot59

So I picked up this bug the other day, Guy said he bought it new the kids moved on to bigger things and it laid in the shed for a few years. I figured clean the carb get it going flip it and turn my 100 dollars into 2 maybe 2 and a half the thing was clean looked like low hours on it. Long story short the carb is done, good news is 30 bucks gets ya a new one ! My problem is the more I look at it the more I like it. Just may have to keep it for a spare/loaner I`m beginning to think these things are habit forming. :shrug:

dshot59

it`s a bigger frame too which I kinda like cause I`m 6ft tall. looks like you won`t be cramped on it. Got my carb today so I hope to have it going by the weekend, Sooner if I can over to the shop supposed to snow some more here in NJ the next couple days so we`ll have to see what happens.

I like them as well!! But not so the 2.8hp engine first thing I would do is rip it off there and scrap it lol I can't find one around here for under 300 bones

dshot59

Got this one for $120 needs a chain and the pull start was jammed up, Turned out the plastic fan thing inside it self destructed and the pieces were jammin it up, dumped them out and it worked fine. Wonder if I need that plastic thing or not ?

Got this one for $120 needs a chain and the pull start was jammed up, Turned out the plastic fan thing inside it self destructed and the pieces were jammin it up, dumped them out and it worked fine. Wonder if I need that plastic thing or not ?
the fan and fins?

dshot59

The black plastic piece that goes on after the flywheel and is held on by the same nut that holds it and the pull start center piece. If that makes sense looked kinda like it had fins at one time lol

DB30R-269 Baja OEM Impeller DB30R-269 Baja OEM Impeller this piece.
yeh.... fan... i have a complete motor sitting... i, pretty sure i wont be using it for anything! lol... i could take the fan off of it... not sure what shipping would be on it though, may fit in a priority envelope... would send it to you for cost of shipping?

dshot59

I`m probably just going to fix it and sell it so I kinda want to put as little money as possible into it. But I want it to be safe and right so I`ll probably just blow the ten bucks and get it. Thought I`d need a pull start and I don`t so it`s cheaper then that at least. Just wondered what it`s function was and if it was really necessary. Thanks for the help guys.