Doodlebug/Rivet bike conversion

So I have been reading on here that the weight limit of 150 lbs (Which I exceed, not by alot, but I do) is more for the motor, and if you up the motor to a 6.5 HP you will be fine. I want to do that on either a Doodlebug or a Rivet, whichever is better/cheaper. Which motor should I get for it. I have seen brands like Titan, Predator (Harbor Freight), B&S, random brands on eBay, etc. Which one is best? Also, how easy is the motor conversion? Thanks!

TomH

they are all good. The cheapest will be the predator when it is on sale. all motors you will have to either make your own motor slots or buy a conversion plate from OldMiniBikes warehouse

Just did a dirtbug 6.5 Pred conversion and wished I had gone for a slightly smaller engine like 4-5 hp instead. For riding on grass you get into and out of the throttle and is hard to modulate it. You may try using the stock 2.8 with a jackshaft kit first. My wife has a Rivet setup like that and you can stay on the throttle almost all the time and use very little brakes.
A 3.5 Briggs motor might be about perfect for the doodlebug/rivet platform IMHO.