double kill switch setup?

anyone tried this mod? I copied this response out of another thread- contributed by "altered 7151", but I didn't see any follow-ups to his suggestion..... want to know if anyone has had success with this- quoted below:

"For a double kill switch you just need to make the circuit go to ground when ever either of the buttons/switches is activated. All the kill switch does is send the power circuit to ground instead of the coil so there is no longer current going to the spark plug. Just trace the switch on the engine so see where there is a wire going to the chassis or engine block, then splice in your handlebar kill switch ground wire to that. That way you can kill the motor with both the factory switch on the engine, and the button on the throttle assembly. I think thats the result you're looking for right?"

SO.... Take the handle bar kill switch ground and bolt it in where the stock engine kill switch ground is.. Now both switches will work. Done.

Yep, on the clone you have the little black connector cover on the front of the motor where all of wires meet that are connected together.(if you have not removed all of it already)

All I did was unplug the low oil sensor wire since you really can't use it on a mini anyway and plugged in my kill switch wire in its place and tucked all the wires back in the little black connector cover, looks factory and can put it all back to stock if need be.:thumbsup:

If you have a single wire kill/sw it will ground thru the bars or where ever you bolt it to metal for a ground, with a two wire kill/sw ground the other wire not plugged into the motor.

joekd

I did this on the kart, one time I forgot the motor was shut off on the block and not on the steering wheel

Drove me nuts for like 20 mins trying to figure out why it wouldn't start

I did this on the kart, one time I forgot the motor was shut off on the block and not on the steering wheel

Drove me nuts for like 20 mins trying to figure out why it wouldn't start
hahha. I just got my 6.5 and did the same thing. I didn't take me 20 minutes tho. I felt like a dummie tho.:mad2: