Drag races coming up

The local drags are coming up and just wondering what you guys would run for gear/clutch package.
The drag is 100 feet long. I will be in modified division. HEMI, ROD, FLYWHEEL, MOD2 CHEATA CAM, 18 LB SPRINGS, UNI FILTER, HEADER, #38 JET WITH TUBE

I just ordered a hilliard inferno clutch 12 tooth and have an 80 tooth 2 piece rear sprocket with 13 inch tires. the cheap stock clutch grabs to early and i want to match clutch engagement when the engine starts making its power.

with my set up, at what RPM should be good to set the clutch engagement? i don't have a tach

thanks todd

trinik7597

hey todd , i ran a max torque last year because my disc clutch was messed up !! and you are right it engages way too soon :thumbsup: i would think you would want to be at like 2800 to 3500 rpm stall !! but if you are running a short frame that could put you on your back :laugh:

vwfan79

I would run a set of wheelie bars and a tav. I had a tav that stalled at 4500 rpm on my drag bike last year and it launched like a rocket. I could beat anybody the first half of track in the 1/8 but they would leave me on the long end.
Leave the driven alone and use the light shoes and blue/silver springs in the driver. I used a 30 series knock off tav with a 70 tooth sprocket on the rear wheel.

trinik7597

yeah i know someone that ran that set up last year out of the hole faster than anybody but goes flat really quick :thumbsup: maybe 50 or 60 feet