DT 100 Engine or Parts needed for '81 Yamaha

I'm trying to help out one of my good customers. He wants me to rebuild his crankshaft for an '81 Yamaha DT 100 but he needs a connecting rod and he has not been able to find one. If anyone has a broken motor and is willing to part out let me know. If someone has a complete motor they are willing to sell he would be interested in going that route also. I thought it couln't hurt to ask on this forum. You never know who might have something hiding in the corner of their garage. You can reply here or call me @ 248-921-0449. Thanks for looking.

I am guessing 2 stroke. I have not seen the parts. My customer comes in every few days and when he is in next I'll ask him. Thanks for the response.

HEY!!!!!! I found you a whole damn motor that will be shredded into a billion pieces and melted down in a Kia factory in not too much time.... It's a DT125 though and not sure what year so I don't know if the crank is the same. :shrug: I'll bet it's the same enough though. Change the rod too maybe.. Is there any way you can get pics of your engine? This one to describe it.... Passenger side side cover is pretty smooth and rounded.. There is a speedometer cable of all things coming out of the case up near the jug so far that the jug is notched out to make clearance for the cable.. The other side cover is missing but everything else is there, like 6 inches of wires and all... It has like a spark advance weights setup right at the end of the crank, with probably a 10 millimeter that holds the whole shabang on... missing like kicker and shifter BUT like %95 of a driveline. Why it was taken out or anything that may be wrong with it I could not say.. Someone sold it for scrap aluminum.. :doah: But someone TOOK the motor out of a bike with cables and all.. and it was not a ripped out by the claw bucket on the excavator.. :thumbsup: lol.. I froze my bag off digging around today but do often anyways and remembered you wanting one so I looked and IT IS a DT125.. I didn't check it out that great but poked my finger in the exaust port and felt piston rings and no corosion and from the looks of things might be a bad motor... DAMN GOOD source of parts if nothing else.. Someone might as well use them instead of melting it down.. :doah: I am in no position to go trying to disassemble a dirtbike engine to the crank for JUST the crank to buy for 7 bucks, when I can buy the entire unit for more like 19 or something ya know? I am not sure how much it weighs or what your zip code is BUT I would be willing to buy it and box it up and mail it to you for pretty well free. About what it costs me to do it for you. :thumbsup: I can get more info for ya if you are interested.

mybiz

DT's were all 2 stroke I can find deals like this one all day long
1969 Yamaha DT 250 - $125 (Winfield)

Date: 2010-02-02, 7:04PM CST
Reply to: sale-mrjjs-1583278381@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

It has good compression, and the carb. has recently been cleaned. Needs either timing set or points and both tires. No title, whats in the pics is what you get

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1583278381

Yeah but this guy is 45 minutes away from me and needs a crankshaft to fix one of his customers bikes. I don't the 600 he would have invested into that crank shaft are going to help him much. :doah: