Ducar 212cc by Dyno?

SAS289

If I were looking for a new engine, this is the one I would get. Even if it costs more than the mighty Predator. If Ducar designed and built this engine to compete with the predator, chances are it will be higher quality and may produce more power in stock form.

I think the engine I have in my small generator is a Ducar 208cc.

Last edited:

BWL

I wish I had known about this motor before building my Box Stock motor. Stroked plus a Hemi head, that's a nice combo, plus the tight tolerances of a Dyno/BoxStock motor. I'll probably stick with BS motor because I hate removing governors, oil sensors and stuff I don't need.

Daniel Coop

Hells yeah! Ordering one FOR sure... Comes equipped with Dyno Cams PVL aluminum flywheel (tested to 17,000RPM) and for a limited time a free throttle linkage kit and clutch guard for $185!? This a game changer fellas. Even if you pick up a H.F. Hemi Predator on sale for $100, this much better quality version would still be cheaper than buying an ARC billet flywheel along with a new Predator. Freaking excited about this motor and can't wait to play with it. I'm doubtful that it's governed, considering it's equipped with that flywheel. Will report back when mine shows up.

Last edited:

BWL

Yup, game changer for sure. I may be wrong, but I'm sure it's governed and has an oil sensor. You can see the return linkage in the photo. I really don't know why people love the Predators. Give me something that had far better build quality. A guy like me building under a shade tree, I don't have all the machining to make a Predator run reliably. The Ducar is a much better choice in that regard.

Yup, game changer for sure. I may be wrong, but I'm sure it's governed and has an oil sensor. You can see the return linkage in the photo. I really don't know why people love the Predators. Give me something that had far better build quality. A guy like me building under a shade tree, I don't have all the machining to make a Predator run reliably. The Ducar is a much better choice in that regard.
Ya me neither. They are harder to modify and doing some mods can be more expensive. Might be a good choice for a person needing a cheep motor they don't plan on modifying much.

Daniel Coop

Ya me neither. They are harder to modify and doing some mods can be more expensive. Might be a good choice for a person needing a cheep motor they don't plan on modifying much.
??
This would be a better choice for anyone planning on buying and modding a Hemi Predator, no matter what you planned to do. It's at least $15-20 cheaper than buying a Predator and an ARC billet flywheel. I can remove a governor and oil level sensor is about 15-20 minutes, so it makes no difference to me. I guess I figured if they sell a box stock clone motor without governor and oil level sensor, that's how they're selling these, since they're obviously made for Motorsports use, not a utility motor, sold with that flywheel, throttle kit, and clutch guard...

Last edited:

BWL

All these motors are just utility motors. BSP and Dyno up the tolerances, clearances and standards to make for fair racing across the board. I got a badly balanced Predator, which was part of the reason it blew up. The BSP/Dyno motors are much more consistent specs, tolerances and clearances from motor to motor. That makes it much easier to build a reliable machine than a Predator.

Predators have more displacement. That's the only reason people build with them, but it's so varied, incosistent and "out of specs" from motor to motor. It's not worth the time for someone with limited skill and facilities to build. I need a powerhead that has tighter tolerances and better clearances straight out the box. Well, this Dyno 212 is that motor: Displacement of a Predator, build quality and tolerances of a DYNO/BSP. A game changer for sure.

Last edited:
Could someone tell me which Predator engine you are comparing to the Ducar? (Which manufacturer) and where you are getting the data that says the Ducar is a higher quality engine. Just trying to understand if this is an opinion or based on actual or empirical data. I have my own opinions on the various predators that I have had but they all wind up heavily modded so only the head, crank and crankcase matter to me.

Davis

Could someone tell me which Predator engine you are comparing to the Ducar? (Which manufacturer) and where you are getting the data that says the Ducar is a higher quality engine. Just trying to understand if this is an opinion or based on actual or empirical data. I have my own opinions on the various predators that I have had but they all wind up heavily modded so only the head, crank and crankcase matter to me.
Good call on that one. But come one it's a game changer of a motor LOL!
And beyond this BS of a motor a real Honda gx200 is by far superior hands down.

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me what is better or different or anything? I like the flywheel comes with it but I like the arc better because of the fin issues.

BWL

Well, one difference is the crankshaft. It is 212cc but uses a 196cc taper, so you can use many of your BS components with it, like a regular ARC flywheel.

As for build quality, unless I go out and buy 10 motors, put micrometers on each one, I have no hard data. If you want hard data, call them and ask, or go over to bob's forum and talk to guys who have bought them at this point. They just started shipping these about a week ago. There are very few on the market as of yet.

So to answer your question: We have no hard data. That will come as times goes on. If you want hard data either wait until enough builders have built enough of them or call them and ask them directly for specific differences. That's on you not us.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Good call on that one. But come one it's a game changer of a motor LOL!
And beyond this BS of a motor a real Honda gx200 is by far superior hands down.
Do you just troll the site looking for where to throw in a smart ass comment here and there. Didn't you think "a stock rods max was 3600RPM"?? I respect anything Ole4 has to say, but you're kind of a no-nothing hater... IMO
Ole, I'm an amateur in comparison, but I've got those PVL flywheels on all my clones and my GX200. What are the fin issues with these flywheels? I have nothing, but good experience with them so far, and have not heard anything.
I don't think it's arguable, however, that in the hands of the average mini bike builder, that the Ducar 212, especially with it's free introductory goodies is a far better deal to start out with. We don't all have our own flow benches and lathes and mills...

Last edited:
I don't think there is any evidence that this casting is any better than a predator ... Personally I am a Honda guy even with the displacement disadvantage ... But I do have 2 highly modified first gen blocks and a hemi bored to 2.835 and never had a problem yet

Last edited:

Davis

Do you just troll the site looking for where to throw in a smart ass comment here and there. Didn't you think "a stock rods max was 3600RPM"?? I respect anything Ole4 has to say, but you're kind of a no-nothing hater... IMO
Ole, I'm an amateur in comparison, but I've got those PVL flywheels on all my clones and my GX200. What are the fin issues with these flywheels? I have nothing, but good experience with them so far, and have not heard anything.
I don't think it's arguable, however, that in the hands of the average mini bike builder, that the Ducar 212, especially with it's free introductory goodies is a far better deal to start out with. We don't all have our own flow benches and lathes and mills...
Grow up little man I've been in turning wrench for 23 yrs and I ain't that old so don't make the old school make you look dumb all I see outta you is trying to make a hobby mini bike go fast and I don't care what you do but when you misinform people that a stock rod can handle 6000rpm your wrong and that's why we keep hearing about your blown motors if you want a lesson on turning a wrench call me anytime.

??
This would be a better choice for anyone planning on buying and modding a Hemi Predator, no matter what you planned to do. It's at least $15-20 cheaper than buying a Predator and an ARC billet flywheel. I can remove a governor and oil level sensor is about 15-20 minutes, so it makes no difference to me. I guess I figured if they sell a box stock clone motor without governor and oil level sensor, that's how they're selling these, since they're obviously made for Motorsports use, not a utility motor, sold with that flywheel, throttle kit, and clutch guard...
My issue with them is that to raise compression, you either have to replace with non hemi head or mill the head. There is limited piston to valve clearance, limited retainer to head clearance and no cheep ratio rockers on the market for them. My problem with the motor is more the head than the flywheel. Maybe if I put a GX200 head on the motor I would like it.

Daniel Coop

Grow up little man I've been in turning wrench for 23 yrs and I ain't that old so don't make the old school make you look dumb all I see outta you is trying to make a hobby mini bike go fast and I don't care what you do but when you misinform people that a stock rod can handle 6000rpm your wrong and that's why we keep hearing about your blown motors if you want a lesson on turning a wrench call me anytime.
You're a f--king idiot who should just keep his hahahahaing BS opinion to himself. You know shit. Wtf have you built lately? All I ever see from you is you run your mouth about shit you have no idea about. I'm 40, dick. I was an ASE certified auto mechanic for 15 years before deciding I had enough of repairing people's garbage and smelling like shit. Show a build, start your own damn thread and get a f__king life.
Just went and did 6100RPM on my daughter's GX200 with it's stock rod... What was that you were saying?

Last edited: