dumb gear question

okies, I think I have lost my mind, heres what I have on the mini altered and want to make a change but think I am lowest I can go as far as gears, I do have pulleys on it also that can be changed, but as far as the gear set, I think I am it and need confirmation.
I have a 18 hp briggs that uses a belt centrifugal clutch 3" pulley that feeds a jackshaft with a 4" pulley, on that jackshaft is a 10 tooth gear that feeds a 60 tooth rear and thats as large as I can get there and as small as I can get on the jackshaft.
Tire size is 18"

question is the 10 tooth on the jack shaft. if I raise that tooth number then I raise the gear ratio and top speed correct? if I lower that gear number like to the 10 thats on it, I should lower the gear ratio and have more bottom end and less top speed (thats what I want)
am I thinking correct? and since that the smallest I can go on jack shaft, the next change would be to a 4.5" or 5" pulley on jackshaft I am guessing.

did any of this make sense?:doah:

okies, I think I have lost my mind, heres what I have on the mini altered and want to make a change but think I am lowest I can go as far as gears, I do have pulleys on it also that can be changed, but as far as the gear set, I think I am it and need confirmation.
I have a 18 hp briggs that uses a belt centrifugal clutch 3" pulley that feeds a jackshaft with a 4" pulley, on that jackshaft is a 10 tooth gear that feeds a 60 tooth rear and thats as large as I can get there and as small as I can get on the jackshaft.
Tire size is 18"

question is the 10 tooth on the jack shaft. if I raise that tooth number then I raise the gear ratio and top speed correct? if I lower that gear number like to the 10 thats on it, I should lower the gear ratio and have more bottom end and less top speed (thats what I want)
am I thinking correct? and since that the smallest I can go on jack shaft, the next change would be to a 4.5" or 5" pulley on jackshaft I am guessing.

did any of this make sense?:doah:
Yes, you have it right. Make that 10t bigger, and the axle sprocket turns more times per revolution, increasing top speed, decreasing torque.

thanks for the reply Dave, am I thinking correct with if I want to go lower I would increase the pulley on the jackshaft or decrease the diameter of it?
Right now the motor has I think a 2.5-3" pulley that feeds the jackshaft via a 4" pulley.