Dumb question...but what the hell....

ok here's a dumb question for you all....

I have an old heathkit boonie bike that I'm putting a stock 5hp briggs on...now I'm about to purchase a jackshift kit, and was wondering what would be a good gearing for it..like from clutch to shaft (my clutch options are 15 tooth or 13 tooth..older racing kart clutch) then from shaft to 72 tooth rear...

mainly im looking for something that has decent take off and decent top speed....

man....I am at 12t/72t no jack shaft with 16 inch tires ,Predator,and it has plenty of low end ....top speed is around 30 mph.... It will flat dump you or pull the wheel up whenever you goose it....even at 25 mph....

awesome metalhead...just what I wanted to hear...I went down to Comet Kart Sales about a jackshift setup and of course they were trying to talk me into a tav setup...and I didn't want to mess with any of that...

so I know what I will be doing when I wake up lol on my flathead with the loop header I will have to mock up some steel 1 inch spacers though for the header to clear that big rear tire..but no jackshift it will be lol

thanks for the heads up

:scooter::thumbsup: