dune cycle

Firstly a big hi from down under in Australia, I've been reading a few of your articles and find them very entertaining and informative. I, not so long ago, finished a rebuild on a Deltek Rockhopper minibike for my younger brothers 50th birthday. Yes, it's at least 40 years since he had one brand new. He's actually going to make it into a coffee table. :)
He's making a frame that supports it lying on its side and a piece of 12mm glass on top.
I'll post some pictures when its done.

Another thing I was going to ask is if there's such a thing available as plans for a dune trike?
I was going to make 3, one for me obviously and 2 for the grand kids. We have a large beach with dunes not too far away that is open to certain vehicles. Road registered vehicles are allowed and 'recreational' registered vehicles.
The only problem is it's bike derived vehicles only, i.e. 2 wheelers, trikes or quads, no buggies like oddyssys.
They're not the best at the two wheelers, especially on sand, so I thought a trike similar to a scat trike.
Does anyone have/sell plans for these? I don't recall ever seeing one here in Australia but that doesn't mean they werern't. Thanks in advance for any help.

Funny thing, I'm actually wanting to build a modified version of the "Fat-tire scooter for sportsman".
Of course, I want to use one of my electric start Honda GX340 engines with a motorcycle battery for starting, and a TAV in place of the clutch and transmission from the plans. With that 11 horse Honda, it should giggity-giggity-giggity-get-up-and -go.:D

Sadly, one of my customers has a bunch of tubing in the right size, with the right bends, to build a few of these in their dumpster but they won't let me have or buy it (guy's a complete butthole). The tubing has been sitting in there for at least 6 months. What a waste of good frame material.
So, I've thought about buying a couple of different size conduit benders from my local pawn shop and making the frame from rigid conduit.

Last edited: