Dynamark scrap yard save

I spied this at the local scrap yard. While I have no intentions to restore this, Id like to know what it might have been in its former glory.

Any more pictures needed Ill be happy to get them.

IMG_4019.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG

Thanks!

This thing looks to have atleast 3 coats of paint, and it looks to me it still has some stickers under the paint. These wouldnt be the model, but the manufacturer?

Id like to look into finding the right brake caliper for it.

{EDIT} So paint stripper takes the writing off the stickers... so I peeled off the stickers. Any suggestions to remove the paint, but not the writing would be cool.

Last edited:
Well Dynamark bikes were made by Fox corp. I was hoping Mark G might be able to help out with a brochure or parts list for your model. I haven't seen that frame with those wheels ever. Most have had six inch solid steel wheels so yours might have been changed out at some time in it's life. So for the correct brake caliper you would need to find one for a Fox bike.

Thanks. I cant imagine the rear axle bolt is original... its a 3/8in square head carriage bolt. It had a 1/2in-ish fine thread nut, a washer, 2 1/2ID bushings on each side of the wheel. That being It seems reasonable the wheels could have been swapped.

I made a new axle bolt only to find about 1/16 of slop in the wheel bearing spacer. Think Im gona bump it up to 1/2in axles...

So its a Fox... I gues thats good enough for me. :thumbsup: