Easter Bunny has gone High Tech in Indy

WLB

Caught this shot of the Easter Bunny delivering eggs in our back yard.

Happy Easter Everyone

Last edited:

WLB

Tom, It's basically my son's but he lets me crash it every now and then. He built it from scratch. And then rebuilt it after I hit the top of a tree and broke the propellers and beams. The thing is fast and touchy. He said the next time I fly it he will add a heavier battery and limit throttle to 60%.

WrenchDad

Tom, It's basically my son's but he lets me crash it every now and then. He built it from scratch. And then rebuilt it after I hit the top of a tree and broke the propellers and beams. The thing is fast and touchy. He said the next time I fly it he will add a heavier battery and limit throttle to 60%.
Thats really cool.
My son loves those things, he got a small scale (fun type) with a camera on it for Easter and spent all day with it. He's pretty good and wont let me touch it. I'll show him this he'll go crazy. Just out of curiosity what kind of $$$ does one like that run Is it considered Hobby grade or commercial or ? OH snap I just re read your post, he built it. Where does he get his stuff?

WLB

WrenchDad, without the camera I think he spent less than $300. Camera and monitor will add $2-300 depending on what he gets. Commercial equivalent is around $1200. I'm not sure where he gets his parts. He machined some of the carbon fiber on the CNC mill Right now he has to fly it by sight. It gets spooky for me because here in the city the thing can get out of sight so fast. It will fly several thousand feet high but I think there is an FAA limit.

Can't wait to get it to the farm where I won't hit anything:smile::smile:

Those things are so cool!! I've had the helicopters before but got bored with them. Now I have a RC truck and a RC tank that shoots airsoft BB's. I chase the dog around the house with it pegging him in the butt with the BB's. :2guns:

Man that dog hates me!!

WLB

tbird, that is too funny:laugh::laugh: My son has an RC truck that he chases the cat with but it doesn't have a gun.