ebay mikuni carbs

I was gonna buy a knock off mikuni carb from ebay to save a little bit of money, I was wondering if I need to change the jets will REAL mikuni jets work, Such pilot, and main jets? need to know ASAP Thanks again

Ryan

Great question. I'm at the bridge as well. been doing some lookin into and for the most part it seems it boils down to either the mikuni or tilly. While the mikuni has the numbers and write ups it seems the tilly has that on the fly adjust ability. Have you looked into both drag racin vs crusin etc..?

As you can see, the fastest bikes I have seen Have the Tilly on them, But, They are not for novice tuner.And with the Mikuni you have to have a hand full of jets, so I guess its what u want,and what u are using it for. I think the Mikuni is more of a "all around" kind of carb. The Tilly will have more make more power and is a straight racing carb. This is from what I have seen and herd, not saying it is true.:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The mikuni is a much better carb for mild riding around and smoother idle. The tillotson is just like you said, strickly made for racing. It's a off and on, meaning your either on the throttle, or off the throttle.

But it doesn't matter to me I still run my tillotson gas carb on the street. But it makes your motor loud and crackly like a TOP FUEL minibike The ease of tuning makes it so fun to play with.

no, just assumed you are another booger in high school. But does it really matter, of course not. We're all mini biking here right:thumbsup:

Well I see you like your new setup. Sounds like it's a blast. I've been picking up clutch tuning tips trying to get more out of the stock max torque ss (short track setup for around the neighborhood). If you're interested just holla.