faster

First you sell your engine on ebay. Then take that money and go to Harbor freight and get a 6.5hp engine, there on sale right now for 99.99 bucks.

vette66_00

LEARN lots of how too's and with a little bit of time and some tools. You will get it. Or search for the kit its not super $$$ and well worth it. To answer your question NOPE with out $$ you cant go faster if you cant turn a wrench and do mods.

Sell Your bike and get a DB30 with a 6.5 installed and already to go.
KIJIJI is full of them ranging in price from $200.00 to $400.00

No way around it if you want to go fast it takes more power than the little 2.8 can give you.

cxbra

How can I make my doodlebug go faster with out spending any money?
I'm new to this and this is my first mini bike.
There is no real efficient way of making power to the stock engine, to tell you the truth.. You can make an exhaust for it and intake, but you would need a better carb. It would be VERY time consuming and at the end of the day probably end up with a slower DB than you started with (dealing with carb jetting etc.). Im in the same boat too though, I have no money to throw on the 6.5 swap, so its the stock engine for a while. It might not be the fastest thing, but for well under $300 what can we expect?

Going faster on a stock bike is hard. What you can do is make sure everything is running to 100%, well maintained and everything and you can get your bike close to 30 mph no problem (I've been radared at 26 lol) and keep it running nice for a long time. Heres what you do to keep your bike at top performance. (not in order of importance)

1. Check the chain slack. It should be on the tighter side with a half inch or so of up and down play.
2. Tire pressure. Stock tires say 5psi but you will wear them out quickly.. try 20psi, some people on here run 30+ psi on the stock tires.
3. Remove or back-out the throttle control screw at the back of the engine, attatched to the throttle cable. (Some people call this the governor). That will take you from 15mph to 25mph+ with a turn of a screw.
4. Check your carb settings. I run my bike very lean, but without popping when off the gas, makes for a pretty responsive bike..
5. Make sure your brakes arent dragging too much. They will "drag" a very little bit even at the best setting, but just make sure the wheel spins nicely (a few turns) when you spin it by hand, yet still grab enough to stop you.
6. Change your oil every 20 hours of riding (what the manual says). You will be amazed at what an oil change will do for a dirty engine!! Your engine will rev much quicker and sound a lot smoother (less bogging). I'd say keeping your engine clean is the biggest "mod" you can make..
7. Clean your air filter regularly.

Other than that, the only way to make power is a motorswap. Sure you can make an exhaust and whatnot but a $50 later , you'll be wishing you invested that into the 6.5 engine instead of gaining 1 hp at the most with a carb, intake and exhaust.

If you can't install an engine, How are you going to make your engine faster. A engine swaps is a piece of cake to do. There no plug in on your bike for your laptop to plug in and upgrade the engine. You have to get your hands dirty and buy some good tools. Or sell your bike go to the Honda dealer and buy a dirt bike. I do not want to sound mean but that how you learn to work on stuff!, trial and error.

Speed costs money, and the their isnt much you can do to the 2.8 to make it much faster. As stated before.... Up the Air pressure in the tires. You can also adjust the throttle to get a few more so the carb opens up all the way. Sometimes the stock setup is adjusted pretty bad. Still under the free label would be to remove the govener, however most people don't recommend it. These things will increase the top speed but it will still be slow off the line.

In my book the best mod for the money is a Jack Shaft to lower the gearing and give you better acceleration.

Jordon

2.junk replacement power

Definitely trash the 2.whatever it is ... Being a beginner you should make the swap but leave the 6.5 governed ... GTO would disagree ... but ... whatever