Flathead

I started cleaning up all the parts. Both these engines are in really nice shape the other one's a '94.
The pistons and bores look virtually new. Did some flywheel resto. Anyways, It's been pretty quiet around here thought I'd contribute.

Last edited:

bandit 40

Nice job on the degreasing :thumbsup: Couldn't help to notice the shroud tab broke right above you 9th month on your camera date :laugh:.

Nice job on the degreasing :thumbsup: Couldn't help to notice the shroud tab broke right above you 9th month on your camera date :laugh:.
You know the only damage to this engine was from it being tossed in the scrap bin. The cylinder head has a cracked fin as well. I may JB weld the blower housing tab and re-drill and tap it, or I might Tig it. Haven't decided yet.I bought a new head off Ebay for $10. These old Briggs don't get a lot of respect at the local OPE store. Great white north goes month/day/year?
I have some stuff coming for the '94 from Turk Bros.
Arc 3.875 rod
billet lifters
springs
hardened retainers
Gasket set with .030 copper head gasket
Dyno 00-4 cam (It was on clearance for $15)
filter for the Zama carb and coil relocation bracket. Might run 3hp flywheel. pic.

cletus

While on the subject, does anyone have the dimensions for a fire slot?
I just milled my own, think it was a 3/8 bit i used and I just eyeballed the depth and length. Make sure you get rid of any sharp edges in the combustion chamber and especially on the slot it will give you a hot spot .

Just my two cents from my own experience, not a noticeable difference I think though