Flexo front springs

Do the Flexo front springs come out of the forks like the bonanza springs.:eek:ut: I know they are a bit rusty and it took me 2 days to get the screw's out. Springs & plugs removable.:eek:ut: Thank you.

Karen,
Where you removed the bolts near the top are the "slugs." The springs are a friction fit on the taper of that slug on the top, and the taper on the fork bottom. Not a lot holds them together.

So in a perfect world, they would slide right down once you removed the bolts. I had to cut my forks off to get to them, but this was also required because the forks were welded at the lower piece anyway.

Thank you Dave. Since the handle bars are cut off :doah: I can see right in there. I'll let them soak a bit longer and try to tap them out with a shaft:thumbsup:

Funny you bring the subject up I just picked mine up from the chrome shop
Oh man, now I am jealous. I was going to chrome the front lowers, but I thought you all would laugh at me and kick sand in my face. LOL! Like she said, "where are the pics?" :laugh:

Got it.:thumbsup: That PB blaster is amazing stuff. Thanks Dave.
:thumbsup: Notice how those are held together? As if you could do a wheelie, and the front end would fly off. I thought about pinning the spring coil with a roll pin, and silver solder was mentioned, but so far tension is enough to hold it. Yours is in good shape. Bonus!

They are the ones that came out of my original flexo I have the small frame you couldnt get a flathead in it just a small two cycle and it needs to be laying down. so I would say these are the right springs

Cool Pics Tracy. That Briggs is shoehorned in there...but it's in there. Top bar looks straight too. Look at all the Flexo decals they have stuck on that thing.

Cool Pics Tracy. That Briggs is shoehorned in there...but it's in there. Top bar looks straight too. Look at all the Flexo decals they have stuck on that thing.
I want to see the pics of dad setting that future juvenile delinquent astride that Mac-powered monster they offered. :laugh: That motor looks good in that frame. Note Anderson pegs all crooked and stuff. Just like mine.

At least it looks like they stuck one of those cheezy clutch guard covers on that one. That will keep his whole foot from getting chopped off when the lace of his high top Keds gets wound up in it.

Check out that dude's turtleneck and sweater....:pimp:

Man bring back the 60's I want to be there again !

Mr. Rogers teaching the Beave. Note shiny cable clamp on top frame. Looks like local store decals on down tube and neck. Early 7/8 down tube shown just before it cracked at the neck. Note longer seat option. Not the round seat on the early bikes.