Fork tube sleeve replacement ideas

Minimichael

These are all great ideas, and shows the resourcefulness, creativity and depth of knowledge y'all have here. I shoulda known the topic would generate such traffic.

Hey has anyone seen any of their ideas in action? The brass sheeting, ... pill bottles?

Look for Nylatron. That is the name brand for a special plastic that can be easily machined but wears really well. It can even wear steel down. Comes in lots of different shapes solids, rounds, and sheets. Used for bushings, washers and places that ordinarily plastic would fail. McMaster Carr. Easy to drill and machine but really tough when used

Minimichael

Look for Nylatron. That is the name brand for a special plastic that can be easily machined but wears really well. It can even wear steel down. Comes in lots of different shapes solids, rounds, and sheets. Used for bushings, washers and places that ordinarily plastic would fail. McMaster Carr. Easy to drill and machine but really tough when used
Thanks for this tip.

Nylatron and nylacast appear to be too thick walled (1/2") to be practical, I think, since I'd have to have it machined. And down to less than a 1/16" wall thickness.

I might go with these for first trial.

Attachments

Last edited: