Found a RAT

Kinda getting tired of shiny and polished cars.Been looking for a suitable ride to hotrod and leave the body pretty much how it is.
May have found one,buddy of mine has it and only 15 miles away.Been sitting in a garage since 1953 until last year,very solid.Just under 46,000 miles.Didn't buy it yet,still thinking

1936 OLDDSMOBILE

the straight six would have to go,it's not locked up I would get it running with that first.383 stroker would be nice.
if we do get it would probably sell the wagon to fund it and make room. :crying:

the straight six would have to go
Terrible start to the plan, IMO

it's not locked up I would get it running with that first.
Much better start to the plan. (Boy, am I an opinionated SOB.)

383 stroker would be nice.
NOOOO!

if we do get it would probably sell the wagon to fund it and make room. :crying:
****************************************************************************************

Lotta guys have to do that. It's about choices. Consider this, though......you did save the wagon so it could be passed on to someone else, rather than ending up as soup cans.

Roger

Twid

Cool another snitch rod to be sold in the future for way to much money. There is a sucker for every seat! I'd just get it running an drive it like it is.

thats a crazy sweet car...not many in 2 door that nice...
i looked at a dodge version of that awhile back but the front frame rails were too narrow to v8 it without clipping the whole car.
it was a straight 6 too.

looking at yours tho,have you considered using a later straight -8 ??
you could even huff it and have some real fun theyd never see that coming.
i hope you do get it,no matter how you build it,love that grill too its wicked indeed.

Things like this tear at my heart. What a conundrum. It looks pretty original, but needs everything. Problem is, restoring it properly would cost more than its value when you're finished. Doing the hot rod thing on it will make it more fun to drive. But when you've had your fun and it moves on, it's all downhill from there. Nobody else will ever get the chance to say "Wow, what a great original old car." It's a short road from that point to being parted out or abandoned. The rat rod / chopper / bobber ethos is extremely short sighted and just leaves me cold.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, If we all had the same ones the world would be a boring place.I welcome them all.
The car is not all original,it has been painted more than once..If anything were to be changed all parts would be saved and could be put back on at any time.
I wouldn't do anything to the body at all,i like the look of it as it is.No cutting,chopping,painting or anything else.it's in decent enough shape the way it is,needs to be preserved.
Like Tom says it would cost a buttload of cash and wouldn't be worth it to put it back to factory even with all the work being done buy us.
Still would just get it running and stopping before anything else would be touched and decide it's outcome after that.

Last edited:
brought it home today

Some cool stuff it the trunk

got the original sales receipt and the last registration.car was bought new in Marquette for $946.00.

picked up a 6 volt battery and messed around with it for awhile.got power to and from the coil but no spark from the coil so i'm gessing it's bad.going to pick up plugs,points,condenser,coils and maybe wires and go from there.got some life back,lights,gauges work,turns over good and the horns sound like a train.

What a cool find, especially with the origional paperwork and extras in the trunk!.......................My father in law has had a 37 in the barn for years...........................Tom.