Fox Dynamark? What did i just score?

Hi everyone, i just got home from a 3 hour drive to pick up this frame for $50. The guy said his grandfather bought and rode it, then his dad, then him, then it sat for years out in the shed like this. He said he thinks its a fox from the 70's. Its dark and i will update tomorrow in the daytime with better pictures but im excited and curious! Thanks for any info!

IMG_2660.jpeg

Triley41395

Hi everyone, i just got home from a 3 hour drive to pick up this frame for $50. The guy said his grandfather bought and rode it, then his dad, then him, then it sat for years out in the shed like this. He said he thinks its a fox from the 70's. Its dark and i will update tomorrow in the daytime with better pictures but im excited and curious! Thanks for any info!
This is just a guess based off my limited knowledge of fox bikes. The frame itself doesn't look like the Thunderbolt I have so maybe a different year. The lower part of the forks I think look correct but they look like they have been extended 4 or 5 inches above the original handle bar position. I'm also guessing they extended the fork to raise the bars because the larger rim is on the rear instead of the front like they came new. Just guessing, could be combo frame/fork.

is that a belt pulley or a TC driven?
Either way, and regardless of it's roots, I want to ride it!!
Is that black foot lever a belt tension device? Brake? Kick stand?

Thanks for the comments guys!

IMG_2666.jpeg IMG_2671.jpeg IMG_2667.jpeg IMG_2668.jpeg IMG_2674.jpeg

got it out in the sun, this thing is rad!

after staring at it for a bit, i noticed some things.

15" wheels front and rear
rear looks like it had a fender at some point
handlebar setup/forks = crazy
looks like it had a belt driven jackshaft or torque converter built into the frame?
drum brakes front and rear
tires and seat have seen better days

My plan is to take everything off my coleman and build this up as a fun lil smasher/flat tracker

my friend slammed into a wall on my coleman and bent the frame, he paid me the $50 for this old piece of history to offset him crashing mine so everyone won in the end!

IMG_2658.jpeg

I will keep everyone updated as I progress, and keep the info coming!

Not sure what that really is. Never seen a Fox with those forks or that frame before. Looks like a cat frame with a heavily modified Fox engine mounting plate. The swing arm looks like a Fox Street/Trail tramp but modified to accept a different shock mount than at the rear axle like most Fox bikes with that style swing arm had. The Desert Fox and similar with tubular swing arm had a single centered plate for the shock mount.

Well, it's a cool looking bike regardless of what it is. Have fun and it looks pretty cool.

Triley41395

Not sure what that really is. Never seen a Fox with those forks or that frame before. Looks like a cat frame with a heavily modified Fox engine mounting plate. The swing arm looks like a Fox Street/Trail tramp but modified to accept a different shock mount than at the rear axle like most Fox bikes with that style swing arm had. The Desert Fox and similar with tubular swing arm had a single centered plate for the shock mount.

Well, it's a cool looking bike regardless of what it is. Have fun and it looks pretty cool.
I'm pretty sure those forks are off a Fox Thunderbolt but modified. Foxthunderbolt.jpg

thanks guys! with all that knowledge, i decided to chop the handlebar risers to get things a little more normal looking.

IMG_2748.jpeg

today after work i found these raptor bars on marketplace for $20! handlebar risers came in and tires, shocks, and a new throttle cable are in the mail.

IMG_2749.jpeg

I don't think you'll be needing that scrub brake anymore. I really like that combination of parts.
Big wheels and tires really ride nice.
yeah the scrub brake and engine plate itself will be getting cleaned up this weekend! I have time sunday, gonna get rid of some paint and keep pluggin away.
i ordered new drum brake pads for the wheels so fingers crossed they fit.
Im hunting for a gas tank if anyone has anything close to fitting. I think finding a cat fuel tank would prove rather difficult so I'll probably either use the predator tank or diy something that looks cool

joshua. c.

I can confirm that is a Cat Endura frame with fox parts slapped on it . I have an Endura. Cat tanks do pop up on ebay from time to time so it is posible to find one, they were used on more than one model. The seat is next to imposible to find, I have never seen one pop up for sale. There was also an ebay seller selling (origenal?) clutch covers for this bike a few years ago so you might be able to track one down. Also Cat Enduras are actualy pretty rare bikes it took me years just to track doun a stripped out frame and I still haven't found the fork lowers and springs I need.

That bike dose have a neat look to it, if you build it right it could be one cool looking bike. good luck on your project

Last edited:
IMG_2895.jpeg IMG_2894.jpeg

did a little eyeballin with my old motor, what is the consensus on chopping up this frame a bit? Blasphemous?!
Im considering cutting around where the jackshaft used to be to allow room for my torque converter. (Picture is my other predator motor just to see general fitment)
Im honestly thinking these bars might be too short, i found some taller pit bike bars that should be good im just annoyed i didnt think before i got these yamaha bars.
I keep telling myself slow progress is still progress but the summer in seattle is already fading and i wanna ride this thing! Waiting on tires but should be going soon!