Fox Thunderbolt next to my Honda XL70

Fix Thunderbolt vs. Honda XL70

Pretty close but the Thunderbolt is just a little bigger. The Thunderbolt is fun and ready for Windber.But I love my new XL70. I was at a swapmeet yesterday and picked up another. I took the rear fender bracket off it and the two side reflectors and then I have to see which muffler is better. The nicer has a leak I can probably fix but maybe the other one is quieter. There is no spark and the spark plug hole is stripped so I will just have to try it on my runner and see. And while mine is off weld up any holes that are leaking. I need to finish putting on the directionals and little things. Not sure if I am going to keep the second one or not. Should be an easy fix. And would make a comfortable rider but I don't really need it so maybe it will go to the swapmeet in a couple of weeks or Windber running or not.

Hmmmm... I was going to see what else I needed off it then see if I could get it running by June 4th. If not I was going to bring it to Jap bike Mikes swapmeet. The problem is I think I can get $500 the way it sits for it there. Parts are crazy expensive for it. It's missing one side cover and the front fender(Larry's has one). And whatever else. But just search what a side cover and exhaust cost. It cost me $75 for the rear fender on my other one and $35 just for the bracket (which was a little different so I swapped it with this bike)to hold it on. It's worth it's weight in gold to part it out. But still enough there to put it together. Either stock or sell the original motor and put on a new 50cc and drive it legally in CT. Awesome sized bikes though and comfortable as hell. Tires are nice and beefy too.

Last edited:
[MENTION=13654]gumpit[/MENTION] the spark is probably the condenser, you need a special puller to get the fly wheel off. Stripped spark plug hole can be fixed with a helicoil but you need to pull the head which means undoing the timing chain :doah: So part it out or sell it to me and I'll get it running and registered :thumbsup: I don't even need a bill of sale here in Ct...... well not from you any way :thumbsup: By side cover I assume you mean one of the plastic ones :shrug: Does it have a head light? has the wiring in the bucket been butchered?

I can get more pics later if the headlight area and everything else. I was told if I leave the piston down in the head a little and put some grease in there I could do the helicoil then kick it to have the grease push out any filings. But if your really interested after I take the pics let me know and you can look at it. Are you going Saturday?

Randy if your interested let me know. If not I will try to get it running and bring it to either Jap Bike Mikes or Windber... But it won't be cheap...lol ... I am amazed what these parts are worth....more valuable pound for pound than gold...