Fox Trail Tramp Brakes

I bought the below bike last spring and I'm getting ready to start collecting parts for it. The biggest think I'm not sure what to do about is the brakes. The bike is overall fairly complete but has nothing in the way of brakes except the discs. Are there any sources for brakes for these? I have yet to find used ones or something that seems bolt on. If I can't find something I'll probably cut the existing caliper tabs off and set it up for hydraulic brakes but I'd rather keep it more original.

Adam, if I remember correctly, the stock caliper "floats" on a C style bracket similar to the Airheart calipers you can but at Northern Tool. Not sure if they can be adapted or not?

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

The caliper actually bolts (floats)on the two holes welded to the forks and swing arm. It's a specific caliper for the Fox's and not exactly easy to find, I bought a whole bike before just for the brake:eek:

I have a complete one on my Campus FX and I'll try to get you some pics this weekend

I'm looking as well. Restoring a 71' Fox Campus FX. Rear brake caliper is top on my list of must find items... Any help on parts for this project would be most appreciated!

Fox Brake Caliper.JPG Fox Caliper Mounted.JPG Fox Sprocket.JPG
I bought a Caliper from OldMiniBikes and they do not work for Foxes note on the two Fox Calipers there needs to be athreaded hole on the dog ear to anchor the Caliper in the bracket.
Also if you buy a caliper from anyone be sure they have a pair of brass flanged bushings for the float aspects of the assembly.
Also note my sprocket it was in the same condition as yours.
Reaper

I have seen Fox Brakes sell for as low as 90.00 Dollars each to 150.00 Dollars each on Ebay.
As someone in need from 6 pairs It will cost me a mint to buy Fox brakes.
Reaper

I just finished the brakes on a fox for my nephew and i used OldMiniBikes calipers front and back, you will need to fabricate new mounts and find or make bushings for caliper's to float on like original, worked out great!!!! I haven't learned how to post pics so PM me your info and I will text or email them to you.

Todd

Yes OldMiniBikes's photo posting process is not very user friendly.
I believe you have to load photos to the site before you can use them.
I have so many useless photos on the site now, but I had to load them for a one time use.
To post videos you have to post them on YouTube before you can post them on OldMiniBikes.
Reaper