Front suspension, rear swing arm? What is it?

Good Morning All,

I just picked this up last night. I have no idea what it is? It has a 5hp Tecumseh engine. It was missing a kill switch, had fuel in it that looked green, and needed an oil change. After i cleaned the tank and the carb, cleaned the plug, and wired up a crude kill switch, it runs! I would now like to figure out what the darn thing is.

Thanks for any help!
Josh

0517152126.jpg

0518150734.jpg

0518150734b.jpg

So, It seems like when I google Taco 44, there are a few different models? I am probably just not doing it right. Where would I look for a serial number on this bad boy?

So, It seems like when I google Taco 44, there are a few different models? I am probably just not doing it right. Where would I look for a serial number on this bad boy?
down by the engine plate on the top of the tubing... i believe on the clutch side of bike... possibly near the peg, well its near the peg on my st100...

Gumpit, You were correct! It is indeed a Taco 44.

LScustoms, Thank you for the link to the Taco Registry. That helped a lot.

My serial number was on the driver side swingarm. 6T581 = 1966 Taco 44 Production Number 581.

Thanks OND. It looks like it was in good shape. Rode around pretty good as well. I noticed one of the bearings in the front wheel was loose. So i decided to take her apart and give her a good once over. GLAD I DID.

There was about 1" of crud in the bottom of the shock tubes for the rear shocks. Got them cleaned and greased. Working good.

All the bearings in the entire bike were shot.

The rear driver side swing arm was welded to the frame. And both sides of the swing arm were bolted to the jackshaft plate. No idea there.......

They broke the foot pegs off and clamped on some different ones. only after squishing the frame to get them to fit.

Overall, I think it should be a good runner. OldMiniBikes is the cats meow when it comes to this stuff.....