Gadget Man is back. Hello from Minnesota

Greetings OldMiniBikes members.

I was lurking on this site back in 2007 when I was working on a 1972 Honda CT70-H model mini bike.
For those unfamiliar, the Honda "H" model has 4 speeds with a manual clutch. I found the bike on Craigslist. I bought it for $385. and it was pretty rough. I did a lot of easy cosmetic thing to it, buying lots of parts off E-Bay. I put new rubber on the front and back. About 5 years ago I let my Brother "use" it so his kids could learn how to shift a standard clutch motorcycle. They didn't show a lot of interest, so I think I'll reclaim it and finish the restoration some day.

Then about 5 years ago my wife bought me a welder for Christmas and told me to "build something". So I built a BarStool Racer with a Honda clone engine. I built the entire frame from scratch and again ordered most of my parts from E-Bay vendors. I didn't do any mods to the engine, but did install a torque converter, I wish I would have known then what I know now, (from reading more on this site.) about simple engine mods to the "clone" engines.

Well...now I'm bored and need another "Garage Project" too keep me out of trouble this summer. I found a Doodle Bug frame on Craigslist for $100. and then bought a Harbor Freight Predator Hemi Engine (with my 20% off coupon) for $89.00 and I'm ready to start my build. I'm going to buy one of the basic engine mod kits, install new tires, all new cables and a clutch brake, paint the frame, and re upholster the seat. I have some nice diamond plate aluminum left over from the BarStool racer project, so I'm sure I'll work that in somewhere.

Since I will be asking some questions and looking for some advise, I thought I should introduce myself.

Stay tuned.

Gadget Man

Trying to figure out how to transfer photos from my Smug-Mug account to this site.
The site said something about new members being limited to the size of ULR's we can post.
Maybe I'll try to make them smaller.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK, still not working....What am I doing wrong?

Gadget Man.

Gadget Man

hi Gadget man, nice to see another Minnesota person on here. I am not far from you, East Bethel, maybe we can get something going, ride, show or just a BS session with some others into mini's.