Gas out the air filter

Hi all I got my project done, and noticed that when the bike is heeled over on the too short kickstand, I get gas running out the air filter when I turn the gas on. I'm guessing that the float can't regulate the gas into the carb when the bike is at that angle.
Does this sound like a correct assumption. bike runs fine, and doesn't seem to happen when it is upright and being ridden.
I've already planned to make the kickstand longer anyway.

This is the angle it sits at now.

capguncowboy

It shouldn't have a problem stopping gas at that angle. The little tab on the float might need to be adjusted.

Let's see some more pics of that Gilson

Ding Ding

Check needle and seat in carb. If float isn't adjusted properly, the needle will not go in to the seat and fuel will leak out the intake.

capguncowboy

The little tab between the hinge plates on the top of the float is where the needle rides -- make sure it's pushing the needle all the way up against the seat when the float is in its level position. If it isn't, you can adjust that little tab until it does.

If the needle is pushed tightly against the seat when the float is level, you probably need to replace the seat. They're really simple to replace, but a pain to get the old ones out.

Ding Ding

I've found the seats are very easy to remove with a little compressed air. Just keep en eye on it because when it shoots out, you may never find it again lol

Ok gotcha. New problem.....ran fine yesterday today when I throttle up it dies. is this the same thing? This carb does not have removable jets or a mix adjustment if that makes any difference.

I got a new seat and needle and that took care of the problem, with the carb. Now I think I need a heavy duty clutch. is there a break in period for clutches?