gas torch cart

Oldsalt

You should be able to find some wheels without paying too much. Get the biggest ones because if you have to go in the dirt they work better. The only caution I have is that the cart must be stable because if it is knocked over and the oxy regulator is broke off you have a very powerful rocket. If the acet regulator if knocked off you have a potential fire bomb of the first order. One thing that you will want on your cart is a place to keep spare tips and striker and goggles and brazing flux and etc. so plan on a little box being there. Of course, a nice place to hang the rolled up hoses will be necessary.

rudedog

I was thinking it should really be under tools and stuff, but since it's not, I'll put it here. HAHAHAH
I couldn't find the pics from before, so I got out there a took a few more. This thing has gone through a few different designs since I got it, but this seems to be working the best for what I use it for now. As I said earlier, I used a shopping cart with an integrated child's seat. We removed the plastic "seat assembly" and added the front up-rights and horizontals so I could mount the welder up there. Everything that was removed from the original basket, in one project or another with the exception of the majority of the actual basket, mom threw it out.

This was the very first bottle I started with, I figured I really wouldn't use as much as I was. After running out of gas in a couple of days time, a couple of time in a week, I decided to get the larger bottle.

The welder isn't bolted to the cart, in case I need to load it up and go portable, one "good" thing to being 110v I guess.

I even kept the saftey stopper, LOL.

So there it is.

CEW

thats interesting but i would like something i could put in the car/trunk right now i put them in a milk crate hope to stay young forever so i can lift them.

thats a good idea
Well, I had help. My son spotted our neighbor throwing this one away a few days ago and he gave it to my son. :thumbsup: It's like new with new 4" sawtooth tires! Made in USA too.

I'm sure you could find one cheap or buy one at HF on sale for $15 then cut the middle out and weld back the top and paint. :thumbsup:

Last edited: