Give me advice to build the baddest gx200 around!

And we are telling you the same thing that everyone that asks the same question, to go read build threads. All the info you need is there.

Tired of repeating ourselves. :hammer:

AndrewC

Look at all the threads available, people spend so much time and money on the development of their engines and some are not as willing as other to give out the information.

Also be weary of the people that tell you how they are the best and that they know it all, because when you actually see their work it looks like shit, a few spring to mind.

Unless you plan on a blower or turbo you'll never build the baddest GX200 around. It's all been done already. You're just way late to the party

You can only put so much shit in a 6.5 LB bag. What do you plan to do with it? maxed out motors require a lot of maintenance, and can get very expensive. Turbos are a waste of money. Realistically your only going to get 8,200- 8,500 RPM out of a GX200 before it starts to lose power and start to eating itself. And if you start calling local kart shops, you will get only one answer, write me a check and I will build you whatever you want. I know it sucks but it is what it is. If you know how to talk, try out of state shops. They will not tell you secrets but they will make you parts and give suggestions, if you know what you want. Your not going to get a good steak at a seafood restaurant.

Good luck, homie.

65ShelbyClone

Tell me everything to build the baddest bigbore gx200!
I'm looking for all the old seasoned guy to tell/ give me all the tricks in building this engine to be a beast :biggrin:
While you're saving up toward the $3,000+ price tag, search and read like the "old seasoned guys" are telling you, which you should have done to begin with. Try doing some of your own legwork. You'll learn a lot more, I guarantee that.

Unless you plan on a blower or turbo you'll never build the baddest GX200 around. It's all been done already. You're just way late to the party
Blowers have been done too, but I don't know of any turbocharged kart engines that made it to the point of being competitive.

Buy a 440 big block and leave it stock.
Save your money
[/thread]