Go Kart Value?

This is a Rupp Dart from the 60's. Comes with a Tecummseh 3 Horse engine that turns and has compression but doesn't run. Also comes with an extra motor (not sure what it is) and other misc. parts. I am looking to get into the vintage go kart hobby and want this kart badly to start but I don't want to get gipped. Maybe give me some pointers as to why you would give it the value you do and place an estimated value on it. Also, if you have any other info relating to this kart please feel free to share. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

its worth what you are willing to pay for it. its going to need alot of parts and work if you want to get it back to vintage. im not a pro on these vintage karts a few members here know alot more. i am stumbling threw a vintage kart restoration myself tho, and the proper parts do add up.

Sorry about that, can anyone give me just a ballpark figure because I'm totally new to this and do not want to get gipped.
Offer 50-100 if you are tryin to purchase it....no more! cause it is really ragged out with all those extra welds and added metal. And if you put your actual city or state instead of ''US''..then people might be a lil more helpful. Just a hint.

Last edited:
Offer 50-100 if you are tryin to purchase it....no more! cause it is really ragged out with all those extra welds and added metal. And if you put your actual city or state instead of ''US''..then people might be a lil more helpful. Just a hint.
Yep - I wouldn't give more than $50.00 for that thing. That's only if I wanted a full up restoration project. :wink: