Goat gets his Gote?

:doah::eek:ut::doah:

Got a tip from a friend of my son's that's neighbor was moving and was selling a HUGE "lil Indian" collection so I call the guy and it turned out to be little Indian mini cycles and fold down scooters. While talking he did say he had a tote gote he restored that was almost finished being put together but has been sitting for years.

I go to his house (10 min away) and he had a bunch of really cool little Indian bikes and tons of NOS and parts he collected over the years, some of these things where TINNY! He was selling it all for $2500 and there was probably $10.000 + easy there in new seat covers, tanks, parts, decals, bikes, and engines. I told him to E-bay it all separately but he didn't have the time and wanted it all gone and hates to ship. If it where "my thing" I would have bought it all. The little bikes and fold ups where cool though. He also had a nice rare 1962 Harley that called a scat or something as well as other Harley builds he did.

Anyway, The Tote Gote was powder coated and has new seats, chain, tires, new front brake with extra shoes, a deer rack, screen, the original levers, a bin of parts and header wrap. (I DON'T know what the green bars are for and neither did he) The Honda GX140 engine was new and driven once around the yard using the lever for throttle. I thought the engine was an odd choice but I have a 5HP Briggs I/C that is red and black and will look real good in it. OH, he also gave me a mini bike manual that covers a lot of mini bikes, engine and repair. (even Hadoka)

I will have a lot of questions for you tote gote guys because these things are weird to me! (things like the funky rear brake (bans and belt piece?) and how does the kick stand say up. I know it will literally climb a tree but I hope it does more than 5 MPH! Very hard to roll it too with all the gismos! :doah:

Oh well thats enough for today.

Very Nice Looking

I really like the "deer rack"

Could the green things be brush guards? for in front of the foot pegs, kinda like a motorcycles?

GTO : Very nice find and it is nice to see that it even has the front brake. All the parts like the Climb-a-way torque converter are all stock. And the gote's are always hard to push.
That's why the Toule Trooper has the neutral in the gear box . Your one lucky man to find a cool Gote and it's ready to go. Steve :scooter:

GTO : Very nice find and it is nice to see that it even has the front brake. All the parts like the Climb-a-way torque converter are all stock. And the gote's are always hard to push.
That's why the Toule Trooper has the neutral in the gear box . Your one lucky man to find a cool Gote and it's ready to go. Steve :scooter:
Yeah I don't know squat about T-gotes but most the work was done already and it looked good. He said it's an older one and had a 3HP on it. I need to figure out how the rear brake goes on and what you clip to the kick stand. Where is Morta when you need him!!!!:doah:

I would do a partial trade +$, but i dont want that engine!

The rack is for straps. To hold down your cooler~! LOL
The side racks flip up for a cooler I guess, it would look better with a straight one behind the seat. :thumbsup: Maybe I'll sell the racks on E-bay to pay for the bike. hahahaha. The Jap engine will go in a Kart or something. I don't think my 8HP briggs will fit that mount but the I/C will be perfect and look right.

As for trade, the shipping is two much for trading but I still like that bike. :doah:

Clearly too nice a bike for your impoverished self, so.... can I have it?! :biggrin:

Nice score.... but where are you gonna keep it? :thefinger:

Motra

Nice Gote GTO! It's a model B and yes it's an old one, probably about '59 or '60. The rear brake was on the first jackshaft and the kickstand had a spring that held it either up or down. I'll get you some pics of both. I have original illustrated parts lists and stuff too. Oh and I still owe you a gasket! :doah:

Nice Gote GTO! It's a model B and yes it's an old one, probably about '59 or '60. The rear brake was on the first jackshaft and the kickstand had a spring that held it either up or down. I'll get you some pics of both. I have original illustrated parts lists and stuff too. Oh and I still owe you a gasket! :doah:
Sweet! Older than I thought. Don't worry about the Gasket I need to make a trip to the store anyway. But find that headlight sometime!

I have a little thin band with a piece of molded belt in the parts bin, is that the rear brake? Anyway pic's pic's pics! I don't have a clue on these things! E-mail or pm!

I remember laughing at these things when I was a kid, as we thought these were for old guys over 25. I am not laughing now. What a cool find. Congrats!

george3

an old guy over 25 we all thought that stuff. thats funny. gto is an old guy over 25 at least 26. why do you think he wants the breaks. I think alot of us would like to be an old guy of 25.

jeep4me

Nice looking Gote. That looks like the same red that I'm doing mine in.

I've found out in my restore that Gotes are truly a different breed. And not alot of parts from other mini's will work on them.

Have fun with it!!

dont need a break looks like it will do 10 mph like you said. toeing a trailer and boat opps I mean ship.
Yeah but they are made for climbing steep hills and what goes up must come down. The good thing about going down is the gearing where most mini's would be riding the brakes only.