Good beginner's throttle kit?

:confused: Have suggestions on a good, affordable throttle kit (grips, cable, handles, etc.) for someone new to building minibikes (aka me)? I don't need top of the line stuff, just something simple to turn my roller in to a racer.

Cool, thanks! Any tips on routing the cable around the bike, or do I just run it wherever there's room?
Everyone has their own way of doing this. If you've been building the same type of bikes, you get a feel for how they're all done.

For me, I run everything loose, and just kinda see how everything "wants" to lay. Then I'll start cutting cable and sheathing to the desired length. I don't freak out on frame clips and clamps because the looser they are, the better they work. As long as it's out of the way.

Really, just go for it. When you order the cable kits, you might consider ordering an extra cable for each set, just in case. You also have to get the correct terminations, cable clamps, etc for your application. That aspect however is a whole different topic.

If you post what kind of bike, engine, and brake system, I bet a few folks would share their specific knowledge on terminations.

I'd replace those grips though,I know everyone uses them but ,Damn I hate those grips.:smile:
I agree if it's not for a restoration get a nice smooth set. I just ordered that kit and they just beat the cap out of your hands. But that's how my original stock grips are so they will stay onthe bike. Or yyou could just wear gloves.

If you post what kind of bike, engine, and brake system, I bet a few folks would share their specific knowledge on terminations.
I am working on a 1962 Fox Campus. Using an H30 engine, and have no brakes as of yet. :laugh: Right now I'm just working towards getting the engine running nicely. I have yet to buy a clutch or chain.