Got a Trail Flight SS400

I've been waiting for my buddy to sell this to me for a year, he finally did. Missing the V-plex drive and cover but otherwise complete, I believe the engine is not original to the bike and I have not tried to start it till I get a new carb. I dig the center stand and am damn glad the muffler, slanted intake, and tailpipe are still with it. This one will not be for sale, I've always wanted one.

No engine tag so it's hard to tell but it sounds about right. I hope the engine runs good but if not I'll get one that will and get a TAV drive for it.

Thanks guys, I want to keep it as original as possible. The fenders are in like new shape and I think I can get the pipe to clean up. I want to paint the engine with something that will last and get high temp paint for the taylor muffler. one keeper bolt is broken on the right for lower but they are easily replaceable. The seat is nearly new looking with only a couple of flaws, still soft and the stitching is good. I just need to feel a little better to get out and work on some of this stuff I acquire, I have a shed full of project minis already and a few riders that need small stuff so I will be busy.

Hey Ace, nice bike! did you find it locally? I just got back from Oklahoma City yesterday...went out there to do some repairs on the Devon building.

Hey Ace, nice bike! did you find it locally? I just got back from Oklahoma City yesterday...went out there to do some repairs on the Devon building.
My buddy has had it for a year, he had it and the Huffy riding mower plus a copper colored 4hp briggs and 4 briggs fivers. All for $300, I wanted to pay less but he makes a living being a picker so I let him make some $ off me. We like the Devon building, it was a fine addition to the OKC skyline. My City is growing, some exciting projects coming and we have grown while many cities across the country went the other way. I love the place. Next time you come through give me a holler and we'll go get a steak and a beer.:thumbsup: