Got it running kind of, help

Johnwesley

Just got the db30 running, but it only runs on fuel to 3-4 choke. Anything less and it just dies. I let it idle for 5 minutes on choke and it still dies when choke is turned off. It will accept gas with 3/4 choke. I'm thinking vacuum leak but haven't checked it yet as I'm out of town. What your thoughts?

I am gonna guess that the carb needs a good cleaning. It's amazing what a little bit of old gas, a grain of sand, or dried up gas can do to a small engine carburetor. Totally disassemble and clean all of those tiny holes in the body well with carburetor cleaner and blow some compressed air through them.

Pat

Johnwesley

I did that, but will go at it again. I run some gas through I had in the shop but it was old. So I drained it and went with fresh real gas. I may need to pull the carb apart again and put it in the dip tank. Thanks for the heads up.

The carb was full of rust and white junk. Took forever to get that cleaned out. Used a torch tip cleaner for the main jet, so it more than possible that I missed some junk.

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Yuup! that "white death" is a killer! It hardens up pretty good and is a pain to get completely out of the small places.

What engine do you have on it? I have found some of the new replacement carbs are just a couple bucks more than a rebuild kit! Akin to our "disposable society" thought process!

buckeye

Oh heck man.
Step on out there and get ya one of those imported Chinese engines.
You can pick them up at your local harbor freight.
Once you go 6.5hp of screaming hell between your legs, you will tie that DB stock engine and go fishing.
Grat anchor.

Johnwesley

That would be great for me, but this is for my 10yr old daughter. Want her to learn to ride first. Then We'll do the 212 :scooter:

Right now HB has a 99$ coupon for them

buckeye

Ahhu, yes.
You is a throttle stop screw.
It will limit her vrrrroooommmmm.
Then when you ride it, you can VVVVVVRRRRROOOOOMMMM..