Governor problem

hello all,
So I was riding around and the throttle got stuck. I couldn't fix it on the spot as my hands were cold and all, so I just rode home with the choke on. It think it is a governor issue, watch the video. I'm a little confused with the linkage as I don't know if a springs loose or missing or what, the governor randomly enages.
I tried to make a video about the problem and used a phone to film it so it ain't the best. You can see what the throttle does at around 1:12 and watch your ears it's a little loud.
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=aeXnd2gCX9Y&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

I know its a pain but any help would be very grateful

Thanks very much

Last edited:
Right when I take it off choke it starts revvin like crazy then the governor will kick in. When I give it gas it will ease off and run smooth.

I don't work on the imports much, but it sounds like you MIGHT have lost a spring or something.. It sounds like it idles good enough, but I do see it shoot a little fuel here and there..

The governors job is to keep the engine leveled out.. If it's getting too much fuel at an idle, the engine starts to die out (flood) SO the governor opens the throttle to give you more air and bring the engine back to life..

It looks like the throttle arm is kinda loose like it gets to wiggle around however it pleases.. it may just be an issue with engine vibration.. It slows down, hits a certain harmonic spot, where vibration causes the parts to wiggle around and go crazy for a second...

I'd maybe try adding a sporing to make sure that big throttle arm comes back to dead idle and STAYS there, and isn't allowed to wiggle around loosely..

Thank you! The idle is fine, but I know that it is the governor. I tried adjusting it in so many different positions but they all would result in the same thing. I put another spring on the tip of the governor and squished it between the side cover bolt and the block. She works good, thanks