Governor removal questions

Let me preface this by saying that I have not disabled the governor yet but I plan on doing so only after I have all the necessary parts.

Anyhow here are my questions.

1. Instead of physically removing the governor arm and gear from the engine, could you just leave it inside of the engine and perform a direct linkage from throttle arm to carb without risk (without risk as in with all the necessary performance parts)? I was wondering if it would be dangerous to leave the governor gear/arm in there after being bypassed because it is plastic...

2. What are the basic performance part necessities for post-governor removal on a Predator 212?

^^^^Good advise Trinik. It would make no sense to open the block up and not take those pieces out. unless your not getting billet parts yet and I just would not mess around with a bomb.

governor mod

When you disconnect the gov arm from the carb linkage simply put a stiff spring on it and it can work against that. i suppose potentially a person could leave that arm to swing around and someone could push it or grab it so the lever inside hits the crank. as far as could tell its made of the same plastic as the cam gear, like anything it has durability to a point.

^^^^Good advise Trinik. It would make no sense to open the block up and not take those pieces out. unless your not getting billet parts yet and I just would not mess around with a bomb.
Removing the clip to remove the governor is a pain, you end up demoing the gear in the process, as well removing the arm on the inside without bending it requires removal of the crankshaft, maybe jewwlion aint into that.

Since when is it a bomb? why would you make a reference to a bomb? i didn't see any mention of a bomb so why are you using the bomb word, are you some kind of a bomb expert? have you seen a bomb other than on TV? do you have any friggin clue what you are even talking about? How does a explosive devise have anything to do with the conversation we are having here?

I think he's refering to the flywheel exoloding or the rod exploding through the block.
Thus, "a bomb".
In a fear based world even if the odds are it will never happen we have to have fear (a bomb) in a conversation otherwise were dead inside and just jabbering away, How pathetic!

Listen people the arm will move around and contact the flywheel , no if ands or buts it will happen . Now if you connected something to it to hold it in place then maybe your alright .
But it's like this if the OP doesn't want to remove the stuff then it obvious he's not putting in a B rod , which is none of our business.
This I do know if he pulls the stock rod out and clearances it a little it will live if he stays in the lower 5k range .
But the rod left with the stock clearances who knows how and when it will break and at what RPM's .
So OP have fun with your breakable engine .

Listen people the arm will move around and contact the flywheel , no if ands or buts it will happen . Now if you connected something to it to hold it in place then maybe your alright .
But it's like this if the OP doesn't want to remove the stuff then it obvious he's not putting in a B rod , which is none of our business.
This I do know if he pulls the stock rod out and clearances it a little it will live if he stays in the lower 5k range .
But the rod left with the stock clearances who knows how and when it will break and at what RPM's .
So OP have fun with your breakable engine .
that's right david either do it right or don't do it period :thumbsup:

what an ignorant comment.......
seems to me like he makes a lot of them :thumbsup:

Removing the clip to remove the governor is a pain, you end up demoing the gear in the process, as well removing the arm on the inside without bending it requires removal of the crankshaft, maybe jewwlion aint into that.

Since when is it a bomb? why would you make a reference to a bomb? i didn't see any mention of a bomb so why are you using the bomb word, are you some kind of a bomb expert? have you seen a bomb other than on TV? do you have any friggin clue what you are even talking about? How does a explosive devise have anything to do with the conversation we are having here?
It take a lot of ignorant clap trap to stir me from labours.
This is one of those moments.

Dear Snake:
Stop, your not helping.

Dear Snake:
Stop, your not helping.
Dear NOS,
The correct spelling of the conjunctive term of "you are" is "you're."
Thank you.

Bwaaahaaaa! Wondering where you've been hiding! Thought you might have become ice-encased over the Winter in a Clusterfookian Snow Bank. (Where I keep my chocolate gold pieces)

It should be a general rule...if you are gonna give advice on here....at least have common sense or not be so stupid. Just cause you read about something and now you think you can dish out advice on engines cause you read the latest thread here or Hot Rod magazine is a joke to anyone that has a slight clue about motors. Or maybe a engine section called "I never built anything in my life before...how do I make 50HP under 400 bucks". Or.."I am lazy and just wanna disconnect the governor and go fast". I bet there will be tons of people explaining how it is done without proper precautions or common sense. With most..if brains were dynamite..they couldn't blow a gnats @ss. Ok...just my weekly rant..I am good now.:laugh: