Gx200 cl216 cam

Davis

I'm building a mild gx200 and am looking at this cam for it. It's a mild motor with a bored carb .010 billet rod arc flywheel #18 pound springs under seat exhaust open air cleaner milled head light porting stock valve train just wondering if anyone has used this cam.

First time seeing this grind. If I would have found this when I was buying cams I would have got it instead of my CL1 high torque. Has a good LSA, its ground straight up, good lift, low duration and obviously shuts the valves easy to be able to spin to 7K with only 18LB springs. Should be a good cam for a mild motor. I might run this cam later down the road. Thanks for pointing it out.

Davis

Thanks for the input it might be just right for a mild little motor that probably wont really ever be doin 7000 rpm.

I would like to see how this works out for ya. I could not see that cam making great power at 7K. I am guessing this is just were is starts to float the valves. It looks more like an idle to 5,500 RPM cam. I know cam recommendations are not 100% accurate thought but more of a guide line. With cars a cam that says 5,500 RPM might be good to 5,500 RPM in one motor and 6,500 RPM in another of the same CID depending on how they are built.