gx270/gx390 crank swap?

i came across a good running 270 and thought about doing a little modification to it, but i was told that the block is the same as a 390 all i would need to do is change the crank, i would rather build a 390 than the 270, does any body now if this is true?

jprice

OldMiniBikes.com
good question, i was looking into the 11hp motor,and on that one it seems the only difference is the piston.
:shrug:

i wonder if they have a different stroke like the GX160/GX200 engines do.

if you have both cases, count the fins and see if they have the same amount.

iam pretty sure the stroke and bore is different, but iam not sure if the crank bearings are different , if so you will have to grind the crank down to fit the 270 bearings, and maybe grind some of the block inside to clear,i only have the 270 block, so i can't compare the two, i was going by the local tool rental or lawn mower shop to see if the maybe they had an old 13 that was blown but ran out of time.

does it hit the bottom of the cylinder? if its going to be to much of a pain in the ass ill just run the 270 i got it for about nothing any way , i am going to still see if i can find a 13 and look and see or if someone has all ready tried it and noes it won't work, but you never know unless you try. thanks for input Strigoi