GX390 DragMini First runs on Video

My Gx390 DragMini first runs, GX390 has a carb, header, billet rod and flywheel. All else is Stock. Cam and springs wouldnt allow it to run past the 1/8th mile. New head, cam and carb being added this week....

Me On it

YouTube - JD Making a few Passes on the Drag Mini

Baby Making a killer 1/8th run in this video

YouTube - BaBy Making a killer 1/8 pass on the Drag Mini.

Rene making a full 1/4 pass, but she just falls on her face alittle after the 1/8

YouTube - Rene on the first run of the Drag Mini......

mybiz

My laptop is showing nothing but blanks were your pic's or video should be is it my pc or what everything was working fine last night:confused:

mybiz

Sorry its my laptop just went to view other videos and got nothing there also And i'm not a computer geek :thumbdown:

It sounds good, what size carb do you have on it?

I have that engine off a pressure washer but it has a leaky stock carb and the valve stem (intake) rubbs the valve guide plate and makes noise. The plate is warn a little and I don't know if it's a bent stem or if I need a new plate so on the pile it went til later. :doah:

tomsprops

Those are vids are awsome JD ! How about a different perspective ? Like someone holding the camera as you go whipping by ? :thumbsup:

george3

Its that pre-alien technology computer you have. Just what I was thinking you need someone to hold the camera. how fast is it?

Its that pre-alien technology computer you have. Just what I was thinking you need someone to hold the camera. how fast is it?
We could get a good read on the full 1/4 pass as the motor would fall on its face at about 700ft, which is just past the 1/8th. 1/8 mile speed was 69mph with the clutch slipping. Had a tomar TD-43 on it, but wasnt locking it up

Replacing the stock cam with a custom Isky Grind and a Full race port head with welded up chamber and made to a heartshape chamber head this week, with 1.500 intake and 1.300 exhaust valve custom guide and big seats installed....... it was stock compression too. so will be laying down some mad power this weekend, also changing to a Bigger 34mm Alcohol lectron and a Tomar Stellar 4 Disc Clutch....

Last edited:

delray

pro69nova,want kid of valves are you using? hell 1.5 is a small block chevy valve size. are you taking automotive valves and cutting them down to size to fit?
nice video:thumbsup:all motor.................:scooter:
nothing like scaring little people on a minibike:scooter:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
A 1.500" intake valve isn't that big for such a big motor. They are making them even bigger now, but it all depends on the rest of your motor.

pro69nova,want kid of valves are you using? hell 1.5 is a small block chevy valve size. are you taking automotive valves and cutting them down to size to fit?
nice video:thumbsup:all motor.................:scooter:
nothing like scaring little people on a minibike:scooter:
i changed the guides and went down to 6mm stem its a 38mm intake or 1.496 i made the valves from blank valves we use to make custom valves...

i have a question, great vids by the way you reshaped your chamber by having it welded and recut correct ? i am only asking cause i dont know the answer.so dont get mad . but i see a lot of imperfection in the weld like perocity or impuritiesin the weld. all those dimples in the metal won't hurt the head in any way will it ? that is the question. :confused:

i have a question, great vids by the way you reshaped your chamber by having it welded and recut correct ? i am only asking cause i dont know the answer.so dont get mad . but i see a lot of imperfection in the weld like perocity or impuritiesin the weld. all those dimples in the metal won't hurt the head in any way will it ? that is the question. :confused:
I welded it myself, that may explain it, it wont hurt it at all, i got a little close with the tig and dipped the tip a couple times. but it wont hurt nothing.....