hard to start predator

The engine has partial governor removed stage 1 kit with arc flywheel. coil gap at .030 valves .002 intake and .003 exhaust top dead center compression stroke. i used factory keyway in the flywheel not the advanced one that came with the stage 1 kit torqued flywheel to 65 foot pounds. now the problem is when i try to start the engine it acts like it has so much compression you can't get it to go past then will spin until next stroke. It did turn over easily and we run it. Then it started this. If the timing was off it would still turn over fine untill spark would be applied correct? I forgot to look today when i took starter housing off to see if at top dead center where the magnets lined up with the timing marks.

Rechecked valve lash with feeler gauge .003 exhaust .002 intake top dead center compression stroke before posting here. i will try tomorrow to go .060 on coil gap and make sure timing marks are close on top dead center also. and yes im worried i will break the rope starting it since it seems to want to backfire. with the plug out it turns freely. Keep the ideas coming or the how to get it done right. Thanks guys

It means that it still has the guts inside the block. No billet rod yet my son is only 11 he dont ride very hard. the daughters scat bat with the factory hemi runs harder than his for now he is pretty cautious. We have been riding on rough terrain out in the country for now till we find somewhere to ride.

Well since no one seems to know i guess i will pull engine apart to see if the compression release is broken since i have no clue how it works. i still wonder if the governor arm somehow buggered something up.

Took flywheel off to check the keyway and it is all good. i don't think the cam could come out of time with the crank without it making a big ol noise but i was not the one riding. it turns over great without the plug in it but when its in it sure pulls hard over the compression stroke. I did restart it the day it happened when he was riding it and i took it for a ride and it run just fine. tomorrow night i will start to get the engine off the bike and get it opened up to see what is going on. looks like i will be buying a rod and cam if i find any damage. minibikn u could be right i just didn't want to put more money in it since when you open something up its time to do the job right. I will post what i find out when i get it apart. Thanks

hard starting

Well since no one seems to know i guess i will pull engine apart to see if the compression release is broken since i have no clue how it works. i still wonder if the governor arm somehow buggered something up.
It works by holding the exhaust valve off its seat and bleeding down cylinder pressure till the motor starts, it then disengages. . It could stick i suppuse

well just so everyone knows do not ever remove the governor without taking out the guts inside the block. the little white plastic part not sure the name but anyhow it was stuck on the oil dipper. The other smaller pieces were well around everywhere including jamming up the camshaft compression relief. thankfully the metal washer did not run through the cam gear. He is ready to go ride again tomorrow. seemed to turn over great the other night.