Harley and the Davidsons

I'm really enjoying this on TV ..I knew some about this ..I'm lovin' it...wonder how much is tru the to actual..you guys been watching this?

Went through the "Wheels Through Time" museum in Maggie Valley NC last week, AMAZING!!..............I recommend a visit if your in the area....................Tom.

Nice ... use to rent cabins on vacation in Maggie Valley years ago for fall color..one I rented we were sitting insde the front door was open and a basset hound came in and laid down in front of the fireplace... :D

In the first episode they showed a bicycle with a coaster brake and that was way ahead of the time they appeared. But I still enjoyed the first two shows, Even though I was an Indian dealer all our bikes were made in Taiwan LOL
Steve

Yes Sir!! Watched the first one today at lunch.........I'm hooked!! Good acting, cinematography, and flows nicely..............and it's gasoline fueled fun on two wheels!!!! :thumbsup:

In the first episode they showed a bicycle with a coaster brake and that was way ahead of the time they appeared. But I still enjoyed the first two shows, Even though I was an Indian dealer all our bikes were made in Taiwan LOL
Steve
Indian was the first bike I ever rode on (original scout back in the late 80s), cousin had one. I had high hopes when they reopened their doors I would own one but it looks like that will never come.

An awesome show, had to commit to the time to watch it but it was worth it. I have never seen a pre 30s Harley in person, the wheels through time museum is on my bucket list as well.

I finish watching the first three next one is Saturday here. Chronologically it seemed correct just when Harley was talking technically about the motors some of it was nonsense. I would love to see how they really built the first engines.

OK,
I'm gonna blather for just a minute.

I watched and liked the show. There were some inaccuracies to it but for some reason it didn't detract at all. Very good show and well done.

For those that have never been to Wheels Through Time.....you gotta go. You just have to go. I've known Dale for a number of years and I can't say enough about him. Here are a few pictures from there...

Dale and I are chatting over a Crocker motorcycle he just received for the museum. The hysterical thing about it was he had any and all visitors doing the work to the bike. He pulled that thing out next to the building with a big bag of tools and we went to work. He ran it just after this picture. All his bikes in the museum run. All of them.

On my first visit there I was standing outside of the main doors and he drove this outside from the museum right there. He put it in neutral, popped off of it and asked me "You want to take it for a ride??" I had never met the man before. Guess what my answer was. I almost fell over. there must have been 25 guys who took it for a ride after me. Find a museum anywhere like this!!

He has a complete Harley dealership from the teens or twenties inside. It was taken apart and assembled inside. It's complete with everything inside as he found it. The only thing I am not sure of....Did a Harley shop have a wooden cigar Indian outside???

He has all kinds of crazy stuff in there.

This is his dirt bike display.

Here is one of his restoration rooms. The pidgeon holes along the side wall are full of jugs and all manner of Harley parts.

Again, If you even have a remote chance of getting there....GO. As a bonus, he will start any bike in the museum upon request. They all really do run. He is an amazing man.

Doc

Last edited:
Nice pics Doc!!..............When I was there Dale had a 42 Harley with a boxer style engine outside the front door, he fired it up and drove it into the museum around the displays and rooms to it's spot, I thought that was cool, I also liked the Harley powered lawn and garden equipt display...............................Tom.