Has anyone done a foot brake mod?

After riding a motorcycle for some years, I still find my right foot wanting to control the rear brakes. Even though the brake lever is where a clutch should be, my left foot still tries for gears every now and then too.
So how hard would a right foot rear brake mod be?
I have yet to find a kit.

A.J.

Well if it's not hydraulic(which I believe most minibikes are not) it's really just a matter of getting or building a foot lever that can pull the brake cable just like the hand brake does. You could probably even use the existing cable and just cut it to length, and route it so it doesn't snag on any terrain. You definetly don't want to have the brakes lock up unexpectedly.

im doing this mod on a build now,and i used the foot pedal and the linkage from a chinese pos dirt bike.
turns out they do have a use after all,some halfass decent parts.

I'm thinking, the brake pedal, pivot shaft, and tension rod from a Yamaha SR400.
The SR has rod actuated rear drums, and has been in production since 1978.

Cuda54

BBQJOE if you want to use your feet then you want to try riding a old Cushman. The left foot was clutch right foot was brakes with a 2 speed hand shift. Stopping is fun till you learn how to do it without falling over.

BBQJOE if you want to use your feet then you want to try riding a old Cushman. The left foot was clutch right foot was brakes with a 2 speed hand shift. Stopping is fun till you learn how to do it without falling over.
Sounds like a heck of a challenge!
I think I'll pass. :)

most I've seen are just a pad on a foot lever thru a tube..you got me thinking about using the mounts for my back fender on my Coleman ,mounting the hinge and pad under there it's got no suspension so.. using a cable to pull it down...hmm

Last edited: