Hawg-Ty rebuild and How to identify chain size?

Hi folks.

I have acquired a few Hawg Ty mini bikes that I plan to get going for the grandkids to ride when they are visiting. They are fairly rough and need some things. They came with honda clone 5.5 engines, one of which has zero compression, both are missing the recoil start and the second engine in better shape I am thinking will run.

My plan is to just replace both engines with new Predator engines from Harbor freight.

I am looking for a rear chain guard and both tear-drop fake gas tanks. The tanks are not necessary and will just put a pad in its place if I cannot find them.

Need chain for the main drive and jack-shaft chain. Question is: how do I tell between a #40 chain and a #420.

Need one exhaust shield.

Anyways if anybody has some of these parts laying around I would be interested in taking them off your hands. I know ebay has a few parts but if anybody knows of a vendor with parts please post it.

Thanks.

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. :thumbsup:
Bunch of good folks hang out here. Some, too much.:scared:

For your parts needed, try a want ad in the classifides. May get more views.

See if this helps you. If not, save it for when you build a bike for you to ride.:thumbsup:

So a #40 and 420 chain will fit on the same sprocket? Reason I ask is that a vendor has 420 chain available for this bike but the cain I took off the bike that had chain has a 40 stamped into the links.