heads up on Lifan 6.5's

Lifan makes the old greyhound and the new predator engine line, there the same as far as quality. The little changes have been made to please Honda who also has a majority of parts made by Lifan. Its easy to find out with a little research

predator is on sale at HF tent sale for $99 this weekend.. use a 20% of coupon and that takes it down to $80.

That's a no brainer for me.. similar quality, more displacement, $60 cheaper.. yes please. I understand it's newer not as "proven" as the greyhound and others, but they're ALL chinese made clones!!! :thumbsup:

I have both here,so I'm only going by what I see. I know the have different quality for the Honda parts they make for them so I'm guessing that is why the engines they put there name on differ from the HF ones.:shrug:

predator is on sale at HF tent sale for $99 this weekend.. use a 20% of coupon and that takes it down to $80.

That's a no brainer for me.. similar quality, more displacement, $60 cheaper.. yes please. I understand it's newer not as "proven" as the greyhound and others, but they're ALL chinese made clones!!! :thumbsup:
Not to mention those Home Depot engines are fugly with the weird exhaust and air filter set up.Got to go along with tjs on this one.

Ok looks isn't everything but.....

rmm727

They wouldn't let me use the 20% off coupon when I picked up mine on Saturday. We still came home with 11 predators. lol

rmm727

We use them on pumps at well sites. Its easier to replace a year or two old motor with a new one at $100. I get the used ones. I only bought 1 for myself. It was neat to read the reciept and see "you saved $800". The picture of 11 of these on a trailer looked cool in the parking lot.

Last edited:
You work on Engines like the Arrow?

Send me a PM if your working with the K series engines ( assume you meant oil field ).
I can source you the guys in India that manufacture the K series