Heathkit Boonie Bike

Christmas came a little early this year I purchased this bike with the intent to restore it, but after looking at it I might not do that. So my question is.. is there a source for original Paint colors on the Forum? I plan on straitening out the foot pegs and will need to touch up that area.. 12355882_10205612363045496_1535169644_o.jpg 12356209_10205612363645511_1685276148_o.jpg What years were these bikes made? the engine codes it as a end of year 67 but by the time it was put on the bike??? The recoil is a replacement from the 80's I have the aluminum one it just needs a string!

Last edited:
I got my Boonie back in 1968 and I think they were just released that year. Don't quote me on that though - been a lot of years since then, but know they came out around then. How many years they made them though I don't have a clue. Really nice bike there!! Did you get the ski too?
Steve

This ad is from a 1969 Heathkit catalog.. Sounds like it's introducing the "New Boonie Bike".. Got the one I had back then in 70 and one I got now is a 70. Trying to remember if the Boonie was still being offered when they also started selling the Hilltopper model or if it was discontinued then?? Who would have thought 45 years later I'd be thinking about it lol... boonie69catalog.jpg

Fooling around with Mastercam today, I think I have a good Printable (3D) of the Shifter backing plate.. I have
been shopping these around with the known printing company's for quotes.. We will see when they start rolling in if this is something I print or just CNC.. I would rather print it, due to the lettering detail.. I could cut it but time is money and about the smallest cutter I can get will be .5mm (0r about .020) shifter plate.JPG

Keep us posted :thumbsup: I like when I call around to have something quoted and when I tell them its for a mini bike I feel like they don't take me serious :doah: